meeting you

dan had to call his mother to get directions to his old house which to longer to get to than he expected. he kept checking himself out in the taxi mirror constantly. this was the first time he had actually seen a change in himself. his cheeks were a bit bigger than they were when he was 18.

physical appearance didn't matter now. he could tell they were getting close, the way the road curves looked so familiar.

his heart started beating irregularly all over again. what is phil did have someone else in his life and didn't even look at him the same anymore? he had tried texting his phone a year ago but he guesses that he had changed the number or something.

i hope he hasn't really gotten over me. dan thinks. then this whole trip really has been for nothing. he only had some money left over, enough to afford a apartment. when he told his mom that he was going back to london to meet phil she really thought it was risky but that's what love does to you.

he looks away from the mirror and sighs. this was the moment of truth and right now he starts to think about all the memories he had of them together. he passes his old school and smiles hugely. his old teacher mrs. simmons. she would be 38 now, she would probably still be working there, he didn't even get to tell her goodbye. they had left so quickly that morning.

now they were getting really close, dan remembers how many times phil had driven him to school and that one time they had kissed in his car before class.

the kisses. dan hadn't had an actual kiss since phil. he hasn't even tried 'it' since him either. yes, it was true he had been on a couple of dates but nothing serious. his mind was always on phil every time he met up with someone.

it was this spark. this flame that was still burning inside dan that kept him believing that he could still be together with phil. before they parted phil had told him that he would never forget him after giving him such a mind blowing kiss and dan hoped he had kept that promise.

"is this your stop?" the driver asks.

dan focuses his mind back to the present. he was in his old neighborhood. and phil's house was straight ahead. "yes please, just stop here at this house."

the car slows to a stop and dan grabs his bag. he pays the driver before stepping out. the car drives away leaving him to stand right across from his past and future.

he looks back at his old house first. that is owned by his mother's ex, george. something made him want to go walk around inside, but the other made him not want to step foot in there, to many memories happened in there. he was getting so overwhelmed with all the memories from this place that the only good one he could think about besides phil was thomas. gosh he had to be what ten now? he wonders if he could ever-

"yea i'll pick up food for when you get home. love you bye."

the sound of a door shutting snaps dan out of his thoughts. standing in front of him was...

"p-phil?"

he looks up. he didn't have glasses anymore so his bright blue eyes were full of shock as he drops the phone away from his ear.

"dan? when did you get here?"

dan doesn't answer. he can't even speak as his body stays frozen to the spot. he still looked the same as always, just a little older and he had gained a little muscle too. his first love, his first anything was standing right in front of him after ten years of being apart.

he drops his bag and runs to him.

when he wrapped his arms around his neck he hiccuped, trying to hold back tears he buries his face in his neck. he smelled the same. he felt the same. after a few seconds phil had also wrapped his arms around his waist and swung dan in the air.

"i missed you so much." phil whispers when he sets him down on his feet. he cradled dan's face in his hands smiling at him in wonder and amazement. "i was just about to grab some food, would you like to join me?"

a squeaky noise came out of dan's mouth in answer.

please give my other new book 'i love you' in sign  some love to! it has a very different concept :)

~alivia