sneaking

"hey dan maybe you shouldn't come into work today." his boss' voice is gruff and resolute in his ear.

dan had gotten the call early in the morning so he whispers trying not to wake phil up. "are you sure? i mean i'm fine if that's what you're implying."

"everyone just can't jump back into the swing of things that quickly. besides you know how business is in the mornings. just take it easy and if you really want to come back you can tomorrow." he says.

dan smiles. "thank you mr-.." the line goes dead. mr. simmons always got squeamish when he had to say or do nice things.

he lies back down after putting his phone on the bedside table. phil instantly wraps his arms back around him even though he was still sleeping. dan just looks up at the ceiling. the events from the restaurant swirling back up to the surface of his head. he usually wasn't one to back down from a fight so easily but when that guy had touched him.. he shivers not wanting to think about it and curls further into phil.

___

dan smiles appreciatively when phil gives him a peck on the lips before walking out the door. alex was already gone because her friends had swung by to pick her up.

"go sell some houses or something." dan laughs as phil backs him into the house while kissing all over his face.

"is it worth not staying here with you though?" phil mumbles against his neck.

dan was trying not to get to worked up. that would end up in him allowing phil to stay. "no it's not!" dan laughs again when phil drops his case and picks him up by the backs of his thighs.

he was only wearing one of phil's oversized shirts so his hands slips right underneath it. he looks dan in his eyes. "i want to stay."

dan gives him a lingering, loving kiss. "go to work and when you come back..." he traces his lips with his finger.

"what?" phil asks eagerly.

dan just smiles and shakes his head. "you'll see."

phil puts him down regretfully, picks up his suitcase, looks him up and down before groaning in annoyance and walking out the open door. dan just watches him in amusement.

____

"shhh it's okay he's knocked out cold." alex whispers, giggling softly while she sneaks past him.

"are-are you sure?" a guy asks uncertainly.

"it's fine look...hey!" she whisper yells and snaps her fingers, "see? nothing, let's go."

alex grabs his hand and giggles as she leads him up the steps, dan sleeping soundly on the couch.

it's all downhill from here

~alivia