Chapter 1

"These are the people who you have to kill." The highest ranked assassin in our group said and handed us some pictures.

"They are business tycoons and our client like to kill them because they are threat to his business. We are going to kill them tonight so prepare the things that you needed. The address are there too."

We did what we are told. We prepared and afterwards, we went to our mission.

By the way... I am Kezriah Jaden Hamilton. I am an assassin. A modern assassin to be exact. In the morning or during the time that we don't have work, I am a doctor in a government owned hospital. It is very ironic that I am healing other peoples wounds and try to make dying people live while on the other side of me, I am killing other just the same.

Our weapons are very high tech. We have electronic bow with electronic arrows just the same. It is actually solar powered. We have guns also that is not needed to put bullets on it. It is like a laser. Sometimes I think that our weapons are kind of alien weapons.

We are assassins and we are also one of the   government's enemy. We all have million dollar price in each of our head. Like heck right? The reason why I am not behind bars yet is because the government don't even know who we really were in personal.  That means we can walk freely on the street without even noticed by police.

So back to scene... The person who I have to kill is living in a forest. Well, I guess he is a nature lover.

I was outside the house already then I went inside without anyone knowing it. The house is a two storey and it is beautiful inside and out.

I began checking the rooms at the first floor and when I noticed that there's no one, I went upstairs. I went to a room and I was shocked of what I saw. This is a room of a child. I thought the child is sleeping but I realized I was wrong when the child screamed which made the parents come to the room.

Due to my training, I moved swiftly near the child and put the blade on the child's throat.

"No please... I will give you everything you wanted but please don't harm my daughter." The man I used to kill said.

"I don't need your money or any material things you have. All I need is  your life." I said and move the blade to the child's throat more which led  the child to cry.

"Is that what you want? Then do it! Take me now! Kill me! But please spare my daughter's life." He said and so I grabbed my gun with my other hand.

"Prepare yourself then." I said while pointing the gun to him.

"Oh, please don't. Have mercy on us. Don't kill my husband. Please..." His wife said in more like a whisper.

"I know you are commanded to kill him but please... We can't live without him." She continued while crying.

"Mission accomplished!" Every one of my colleagues said which is a message sent to me via a bug. I know they are waiting for me to answer. I took a long sigh and look at the crying wife and the nervous husband in front of me.

I took the bug from my ear and step on it. I hope I can still live after I do this.

"Pack your things up and go away. Don't dare  let anyone knows that you left this house." I said and put the blade on my boot.

"I-i thought..." The husband said but I cut him.

"I changed my mind, alright! I may be a killer but mercy didn't still left me. Please go. Pack your things now and I will help you leave this place..." I said and sat on the bed near the child.

"No more question. Just do what I told you to do." I said and so they did. While they are packing, I stand up and start to pace back and forth. Thinking on how to save this family from the cruelty of the world.

"We're done." The husband said.
"Then let's go." I answered and went out of the house. I instructed them to make another way going to the highway. If they will follow the road, my colleagues may seen them and kill them. If that happens, my effort will just be wasted.

They are long gone when someone shot me and I was hit in the shoulder. When I saw some of them, I started to run. It is our rule that ones an assassin did not do his/er job, she/he will be put to death in return.

I run and run and hid myself on a root of a large tree inside the forest. I covered my mouth and tried not to make noise. I heard some of them running. I closed my eyes and I let the darkness consume me.

To be continued...

Hello... This is my second work... If you just read this one... I recommend you to read my other work which entitled on your side.... Thank you!

Please vote and/or comment...