Chapter 9

"You're becoming weird lately,  Thranduil? What's happening?  You know you can always trust me." I told Thranduil when we are out on his forest for a "picnic". Legolas is busy playing while the two of us are just here underneath a big oak tree.

"Why does it look bad? " He said coldly.  Haha...  He's really a bipolar.  Gahaha...

"N-not really.  It's just that it's... It feels w-weird. " I said in almost a whisper and looked away.

"I don't know what you're blabbering about. " He said and looked at his son who's still playing.

"Yeah right...  It's really hard to talk to someone who's not in your world. Tsk. " I whispered.

"Don't you ever think that I can still hear you even if you whisper? " He said as he looked at me and smirks.  See that?  He's weird right? So bad I am a surgeon and not a psychiatrist.  If I am a psychiatrist I will probably know why he's acting weird.

"W-what?  Did I even whisper?  You're becoming crazier. " I said and look away.  I can see in my peripheral vision  that he's staring at me coldly and like he's looking at my soul.  To prevent myself from possible embarrassment,  instead stood up and act as if I am stretching.

"Jade... Let's play... Come!" Legolas said while holding my hand. I nervously looked at Thranduil. He's still looking at me coldly.

"Darling,  do you think you need to rest? You must be hungry,  right?  Come let's eat.?" I said and sat down again and Legolas sat in between me and Thranduil.

We just spent time the remaining time that were here to listen on Legolas' stories, goals,  and dreams. I am very happy that even if he doesn't have a mother beside him,  he's still normal that he has his own dreams that he wanted to reach and a goal that he will strive to achieve.

I guess Thranduil did agree to come with us and become our bodyguard of the day for him to be with his son because of what I heard is that,  he will go on a battle tomorrow.  I just pray that he'll be alright and go back home without any major injuries.

We ended the day and I just babysitted Legolas until he sleeps.

"Thank you for today. " Thranduil said when he entered Legolas' room.

"Don't thank me,  it is I who must say that?  I know you are busy to your work as a leader but you still have time to be with your son and you helped me share some knowledge to him just this day.  So...  Thank you. " I said and began to walked out to the room.

"Oh and one more thing...  Please come back home safely.  I will write letters to you to make sure you'll be alright. " I said and smiled.

"Why do you care about my safety in the battlefield? " He said coldly while looking at his son.

"I know that I don't have the right to ask you that.  Anyway,  I am just an alien and your son's  nanny but it doesn't change the fact that you are Legolas' father and I care much about the child.  You are his only family left." I said and walked away. Yeah right.  Think whatever you want to think.  I don't care.  He's too old to think if what I said make sense or not.

Morning came and I get up early.  I really planned to wake up early to see Thranduil and send him off.  I don't mean anything in doing such thing.  All I want is for him to be reminded that I would probably send some letters for him and needed to write back.  Tsss... This is the difficulty of not having any gadgets such as computer or a cellphone.

"Thranduil,  remember what I told you.  You have to write back.  If you needed help for planning please don't hesitate to write letter to me.  Don't be an arrogant fool that you think you know everything, alright? " I said while tagging his sleeves.

"Are you that loud?  You're too noisy. " He said coldly.

"Uhmmmm...  No.  I'm just worried that your child will become an orphan and lose this beautiful kingdom,  that's all. " I said and look away while smiling awkwardly and still tagging his sleeves. I know I am just the only person who can do this things to him.  Haha....  I like annoying him sometimes and I am just too lucky that my head is still intact on my neck,  haha...

"I care about your child that's all. Don't forget my reminders alright. I will go now,  Legolas will be waking up later on.  Goodbye!  We'll be waiting for your come back,  your majesty. " I continued and smirks them went away already.

Please leave comments and vote for the story,  thanks....