Chapter 10

Days past and I am happy that he's not stubborn.  He really did follow my reminders. He really wrote a letter just as soon as they arrived on their camp.  I am also happy that he asked for my help in their strategies in the battlefield.  Thanks enough that he had a map on his study room. 

It's been 2 months since they went out for the battle.  I can sense that Legolas  is worried for his father but he can't just voice out that's why sometimes I have to think of something things that can convert his attention from worrying for his father. Usually we are going to the garden of the palace to plant some flower to beautify it and sometimes,  he would go with me out side the palace with some guards for free check up for people of Mirkwood and somehow,  I can see that he's enjoying it.

A letter has arrived 2 day ago saying that the war is already done and they're coming home.  I am just thankful that Thranduil gave an authorization to command the maids and guards here in the palace and I am also thankful that they are following my orders.  Because of the letter,  I asked them to prepare for any day from that day, they'll be coming. 
As of now,  I am here in my room, standing on the window and looking for the flag of Mirkwood Kingdom will be seen in the vast forest.

After a minute,  I saw it already and that made me run outside the gate. The soldiers are coming but I am curious that Thranduil's elk is here but he's not with it.  I began to look at his general curiously.

"Where's Thranduil?" I asked him.  Instead if answering my question,  he just went off his horse and began to kneel which made me more curious.

"What are you doing?  Where is he? " I asked him feeling irritated. Oh want to see that guy because he did promised that he'll write me letters but he never even asked if he's son is in good condition or what.

"Milady, Please forgive us for not watching the king. " He said while still kneeling. Eh?  Why is it that he have to do this.  It seems like I am a queen.  I'm just a nanny right?

"Eh?  Why? " I just asked because if i'll asked him why he's kneeling he'll not answer it definitely or worst,  it can be an embarrassing answer.

"M'lady,  the king was seriously wounded to the battlefield.  The truth to that is that,  he just asked me to write you a letter two days ago telling you that we will be coming home. " He explained.  I look at him with squinty eyes.

"So,  you wrote letter to me during that day? Then why did you not mention that he's injured seriously?" I asked him and looked at him intimidately.  I was about to talk again when I saw a carriage.  Maybe that is where they put Thranduil.

"We will talk later,  General. Guards put him in his room I'll be there shortly to check his wounds. " I said.  I didn't wait for his general to  answer I just went straight to my room to get my things.  It's just good that Legolas was asleep because of tiredness while playing a while ago.

I went straight to his room and there are some healers who are there.  The healer's here don't actually like me because I think I just turn their lights off. I just smiled at them and they just look at me in disgust and went out the room.  I started to put my things out and went near him.  Actually he looks so normal.  He don't like he's injured or something but it changed  when I held his face.  His face was burned.

"Thranduil,  what have you done?  Why didn't you tell me about this? " I whispered to myself because I know he's unconscious. I began to get some cotton that the healer's who came here a while ago has left. I made it into a ball and put alcohol and began to clean the wound on his face. When everything was cleaned, I put  gauze that I have on my kit and put bandage.  I also have to tear his clothes to clean the wound in his chest.

I let out a sigh when I'm done attending him and sitting near his bed. This guy really tried his best to be known as a great ruler huh?  It is disappointing that he treat himself like this only for this kingdom, for his people and for his dead wife and his son.

"You must know how to love yourself, too. " I whispered while looking at him before I fell asleep.

Please vote and/or give comments...  Thank you!