Chapter 5

I stood up while I am still holding Legolas on my arms. I have to put him to his room. I asked where is the room of this cute little thing on my arms. They did point it to me.

I put him gently on his bed and look at him as he sleep. He looks a lot like his father.

"What are you thinking?" Thranduil said which made me flinch because of surprise. This made me hold my chest too. I thought my heart fell at the ground.

"Oh goodness, you surprised me!" I whispered while holding my chest.

"Oh did I? I apologize." He said in a low tone. I only smiled at him.

"It is alright. You know, there's no pretending that he's your son. He looks a lot like you." I said while looking at his son.

"I wanted to ask you about his mother but I know you won't tell me anything and... I don't have the right to ask anything. I am just an "alien" here. Nothing else." I said and look at him.

"I'm grateful that you understand me. Thank you." He said. I just bow my head at him.

"I will leave now." I said and went out of the room without turning my back on him.

After that day, me and Legolas grew fond of each other. We will  play then I will teach him things like how to read and how to write, after that, I would read him stories and let him sleep. I just can't believe he is older than me. Imagine, he's 30 years old while I'm just 26.

According to Thranduil, in human age, Legolas is only 3 years old. Haha... 10 years gap ha?

One day, I decided not to see Legolas because Thranduil asked a time for his son alone on which I actually arranged.

I went to the training ground to practice my archery and use my guns. I have to see if it is good to use yet.

I am enjoying my practice, moreover, some soldiers came also to practice. I also trained some young soldiers who know nothing about weapons. I have to turn my attention to other things than missing Legolas.

Time passed and I didn't even noticed it is nighttime. I went straight to my room and cleaned myself then ready myself for sleeping. I am about to sleep when someone knocked on the door.

"Yes, what do they need?" I asked as I opened the door for the person.

"M'lady, prince Legolas is looking for you." A maid said. I became curious when she said that.

"This time of night? What's wrong?" I asked the maid.

"I don't know M'lady. Prince Legolas asked me to fetch you." She said.

"Alright. I'll be there. Thank you." I said. I look for a cloak and wear it. I went straight to Legolas' room.

"What's wrong, little leaf?" I said and I began to stroke his hair.

"I missed you." He said and sat on his bed to hug me. I hugged him back but I felt that his too warm so I touch his forehead. I am  dumbfounded to know that he has fever.

I asked how he feels right away.

"What do you feel, son?" I asked him.

"I feel so weak. Ada didn't come this morning so I was waited for him all day." He said and hugged me again. I just hugged him back and stroke his back.

"Lie here on your bed for a moment, darling okay? I'll be coming back." I said and stood up and put the blanket on his small body.

I run straight in my room and get my medical things and run straight back to Legolas' room. I began to check his pulse and check his temperature.

I began to do sponge bath on him. He's so young. It unnatural for human children to have a high fever but I don't know if elves have it as natural thing. But what I heard, it is the same as humans too. It is unnatural  just the same because elves don't really catch diseases that easily. Sometimes, I don't really understand myself you know?

I stayed there and watched little Legolas as he sleeps. I started to sing him a song when he woke up and began to cry. Every time he woke up, I sing him lullabies for him to go back to sleep.

I was doing it over and over until I heard a noise just outside Legolas' room. It irritates me because it may cause Legolas' sleep be interrupted.

I stood up from the chair and walk slowly to look who's making the damn commotion outside. As I opened the door, I was shocked of what I saw...

To Be Continued....

Hello again!!!! I hope you'll enjoy reading this! Please vote and/or comment...