Chapter 5: uncle?

Okay I know it's been a long time since I updated but this is my schedule when I don't have games: homework, practice, eat, sleep. So thanks for being so patient guys!!! 

I looked at my phone and it said 5:00am. Ugh how am I up? I guess I might as well get ready. I decided to watch TV. I went into the living room and put an episode of once upon a time that I recorded. I hope they get Henry from Pan soon but I really like Pan as a character.

Half way through the episode I pause it to get some food. I go into the kitchen and put my pop tarts into the toaster. I love pop tarts. My Bassett hound Jack came over begging for Pop tarts.

"Jack, no! How many times do I have to tell you?" I scolded him. Same thing every morning, he tries to get my food. Suddenly he starts howling because of a nock at the door.

"I get the point Jack, it's okay I got it!" I yelled over him. He stopped howling and ran to the door. It was now 6:30, who could be at the door? I go to the door and look out the window. There is a man in a suit standing with his back towards the door. I open the door of course wondering who it is.

"Can I help you?" I saw. The man turns around and smiles. I am a little freaked out right now, 1) who is this man 2) why is he at my house at 6:30 in the morning. He is tall with blackish brownish hair and brown eyes.

"Um, yes. I'm looking for Jessica Barton." He said. I got suspicious.

"May I ask who is looking?" I asked.

"I'm her uncle, Phil." He said. Um okay, now what? I motioned for him to come in then shut the door behind him. I walked in front of him leading him to the kitchen. I looked at the clock, it was 7:00.

"I'm sure you figured out I'm Jessica. Are you my biological uncle?" I asked immediately. I probably should've offered him a drink but I was so confused. 

"Yes, I am." he said. Wow, now this was even more confusing. Does he know my real mom? Of course he does, he said he was my uncle. But how do I know if he is lying or not?

"Prove it" I said. He smirked which was weird.

"Your mom would've asked the same thing." He said.

"That doesn't prove a thing." I retorted back.

"You were born on October 1st, You have a birthmark on the back of your right leg and I know this because I held you when you were born." He said while handing me a picture. His information was correct and he had the picture to prove it. I was about to reply when there was a loud nocking at the door. I looked at the time, 7;30. I knew exactly who it was. I walked over to the door while Grant and Fitzsimmons barged in looking around. 

"Guys! Im fine what are you doing here." I asked. They just kept looking around.

"Those two got worried when you didn't show up at the bus stop. I know you can take care of yourself but these two don't think so." Simmons said while standing next to me.

"Well what are you looking for?" I asked them.

"There has to be someone here. You don't miss school unless your sick and your obviously not, so who is here?" Grant asked walking up to me.

"Come to the Kitchen." I said. We all walked into the kitchen to see my "uncle" sitting patiently.

"What are you doing here?" Grant immediately asked then looked like he shouldn't have said anything.

"you two know each other?" I asked looking from one to the other.

"Well someone is in deep trouble." Fitz said. I would've laughed but i was so confuzzled. 

"No, no of course not." Grant said. His pupils were dialated and he stuttered, he was lying.

"Your lying." I said.He tried to convince me that he wasn't but i wasn't buying it. 

"Come on guys. Let's leave these two liars to figure out how to tell me the truth. You two have a day." I said. I felt like my mom when i said that.

*flashback*

"Director, make sure he keeps a close eye on her since I am away so often" My mother said into the phone. I was eavesdropping again. I was'nt sure why my mom called her boss Director but whatever.

"Agent Carter, you need to focus on the mission." He said.

"I know but i can't help but feel connected to the child." She said.

"Well push that connection away Agent. Stick to the mission and be here at 0600." He said. 

"Yes, sir." She said. I can't believe my mother just adopted me for her job. No! She isn't my mother, she is just Sharon Carter. I have no mother.

*flashback over*

By the time i had stopped zonning out we were already at the school. Simmons drove since she had her liscense already. Her and I started walking into History together. It was second period. 

"Miss Simmons and Miss Barton do you have passes?" Mr.Rogers asked, We both shook our heads in a no motion.

"Im afraid im going to have to give you a detention and send you to direct.......Principal Fury's office." He said giving us hall passes to his office. This day just kept getting better and better, i thought with intense sarcasm.