Chapter 16: He's coming

We were in the lab and Tony was almost done setting up my new phone. I was wearing my new ring too, it fit perfectly and was beautiful.

"Here you go. Now don't go breaking it." Tony said, handing it too me.

"I think she knows how to take care of her things Tony." cap said. Tony just glared at him. Luckily I had the same number as before.

Everyone in the avengers was in the lab. Thor was eating, per usual. Nat and Clint were sitting in a corner talking. Bruce and Tony were doing science stuff while I was trying to teach steve how to play angry birds.

"Okay so you just pull this back and then the bird shoots at the pigs." I said.

"But why is this pig angry?" Thor asked in his boisterous voice.

"The bird is the one whom is angry and I'm not sure why." I told him. Our game was interrupted by a ringtone that was singing "the star-spangled man!" Simmons was calling.

"I assume you picked the ringtone Tony." Cap asked. Tony smirked. I picked up my phone.

Me: hello?
S: you'll never believe what just happened!
Simmons yelled loud enough for everyone to hear.
Me: inside voice, now what happened.
S: I'm going on a date with fitz!
She said. I could tell she was jumping up and down.
Me: "Omg that's awesome!!"
I couldn't help but jump when I said it.
me: details!
S: I'll tell you about them later because we are going on a date now. By the way I wanted to tell you something.
Me: and that was?
S: you really should call Ward. It's been a week since you've talked to him, I think he has had enough punishment
Me: have a nice date
I said trying to change the discussion
S: at least think about calling him
Me: if I say I will, will it get you too leave me alone about it?
S: for a little while anyways
Me: okay fine I'll think about it, goodbye Simmons
S: bye!
She said cheerily as she hung up. I sighed as I put my phone down on the table along with my head, sighing heavily again.

"You really should call him." my mom said. Suddenly she was sitting next to me. She must've moved there when I was on the phone.

"Why?" I asked her while grumbling.

"Because if you find someone that cares so much about you that he would hide something he thought would upset you from it, he's a keeper." she said.

"Fine, I'll text him. I'm not calling him though." I said. She shrugged as a sort of approval. I texted him a 'hey' and waited for a reply. An alarm suddenly went off, I jumped out of my seat.
"What's that alarm for?!" I yelled over it.

"ALL AVENGERS AND SPIDER-MAN TEAM TO THE MAIN HANGER NOW, REPEAT ALL AVENGERS AND SPIDER-MAN TEAM TO THE MAIN HANGER!" A loud voice boomed. That's our que, I ran to my room and put on my uniform while grabbing my new bow n' arrows, putting them on my back, then running to the main hanger.

"Teams, we may have a location on Loki. Team Spider-Man has been debriefed about everything, including the identity of blackhawk. You two teams will be working together to find Loki." Fury said. I looked to see if my new friends seemed phased by this but I couldn't tell since they had their masks on.

"The problem is, we can't get a confirmed lock on Loki. White Tiger, Spierman, Iron Man, and banner you are in charge of making a tracking algorithm to get a confirmed location. Captain and blackhawk, IronFist will be training you in the art of tai Kwan do for now because you two need the most training. Hawkeye, blackwidow, and Thor you will be training the rest of the team. Got it?" Fury yelled orders at us. We all nodded.

Cap and I followed Dany aka IronFist to a training room. An Insent had been lit, apparently that helps with concentration.

"First we shall meditate then will begin. Please sit." he said.
"I can assure you Bethany, no one is upset with you. We all understand that's what you had to do to stay safe." he said. I sighed with relief.

"That's good." I said.

"Let's begin." he said.

We have been training for about an hour, we finally got a break. I took a chug of the water that was there.

"This session should have cleared your mind so you can be mo....." Dany started saying but my mind blocked him out. I started falling but was awake enough to press the button on my necklace my father told me about.

I started to see something, no someone.....it was Loki! He was laughing.
"I'm coming for you" he said.

*Steve's POV*

Suddenly Bethany was falling down, I tried to catch her but wasn't fast enough. Her eyes were moving, looking around, wide with fear. She was breathing heavily.

"He's coming......he's coming for me." She just kept repeating. She couldn't stop shaking with fear.

"He's coming." She said. I picked her up carefully and started bringing her to Tony and Bruce. They would know what to do. I used my superhuman speed to run fast to the science wing. Hawkeye was already there with Blackwidow and everyone else. I put her down on one of the tables.

"He's coming." She couldn't stop saying.

"Who's coming?" Hawkeye asked.

"What happened?" Blackwidow demanded.

*bethany POV*

"I don't know, one second we were taking a break then the next she is lying on the floor saying 'he's coming'" steve said. I couldn't stop saying it, it's like I wasn't controlling myself.

"This might sting a little." Tony said as he injected something into me. I screamed out in pain as my body rose from the pain and cringed.

"A LITTLE?!" I managed to yell at him. I could feel myself calming down and getting drowsy.

"What the hell Tony?" My dad yelled at him.

"Who's coming?" My mom asked getting closer to me so she could hear. I only had time to say his name before I blacked out.

"Loki."