19

As Si was waiting for the kettle to boil, he gracefully made his way to the living room only to find Eli straddling Caleb. Now normally, Si would have said something snarky or sarcastic to relish in Caleb's smirk and Eli's red cheeks, but something stopped him. He dropped the teabag in his hand, thankfully landing silently as Eli read aloud from the note.

"... we can't fight alone Si, around the right corner midnight creeps, second day of the week, ten minutes deep."

"What does that even mean?" Caleb asked.

"Well I'm guessing it means Tuesday? At 12:10 on Monday or maybe 11:50 Tuesday? It looks like a time, but it doesn't say a place? And is it addressed to Si, as in our Si?" Eli pondered.

Si walked shakily towards the boys.

"W-where did you get that?" He choked out.

"Um... outside of the zombie cabin?" Eli answered.

"You shouldn't be going anywhere near there!" He exclaimed, he began to walk away but quickly turned on his heels.

"Did – did you see anyone with purple hair?"

"Er, yes. Do you... know him?" Caleb asked cautiously.

"Was he lucid?"

"Yes, I think so. "

Si's breath hitched, god. Shit. A tear formed in his eye, he didn't know he'd be back again this year. If he'd known... He could handle ignoring it if he didn't know the boys. If they were blank faces in a crowd, he could live with himself. Not him.

"Give me the note."

Eli hesitated but Caleb encouraged him to pass it towards Si. Si knew exactly where to go, after all, the note was written for him. It was undeniable who's pre-school level poetry this was. Si probably would've laughed under better circumstances. It was exactly like him, exactly how he remembered him.

......................

"Si, just take the pills, it'd be better if you couldn't feel it." His indigo eyes stared forcefully into Si's tortured dark ones.

"Then who would you talk too? Who would look after you, ay?" Si asked with a shaky smile, ruffling his pretty purple hair.

"Alright fine, if you insist, but you have to help me rehearse then!" He sighed with a dramatic pout.

"Rehearse for what?" Si laughed.

"For when I'm a famous actor, of course. I can see the head-lines now 'Donald Dorring won another Oscar, for the fifth year running', I'd be the gay Clooney of 2050 or I don't know... I'm not that good at maths... whatever, when I'm old and still hot as shit."

"How are you so sure you'll be famous Duckie?"

"It's embedded in my heart, plus, I'm basically a work of art." He snickered, "That rhymed maybe I should be a poet instead."

"Yeah sure, if you plan on being the 21st century's worst poet with a vanity complex." He smirked.

..................

He let the tear slip as he stared at the perfectly neat handwriting that he knew all too well, he couldn't pretend it wasn't happening now.

"You want to help?" He asked, staring Eli directly in the eye.

"Yes." He replied firmly.

"Monday, quarter to eleven, outside the cabin." He stated walking away.

Eli frowned, maybe he should make sure he's okay? He must know the mysterious purple-haired zombie. Eli decided against following him, he'll probably needed time alone. He glanced back at Caleb only to realise he was still straddling him, he blushed a bright shade of red and tried to climb off. Of course, Caleb wasn't having that, and stood up quickly. Eli instinctively wrapped his legs around Caleb's waist and flung his arms around his neck.

"What are you doing?" He squeaked, trying to steady his weight with one arm, the cast getting in the way slightly.

Caleb pecked his lips gently "I'm taking you to lunch."

"My legs aren't broken!"

"I know that Angel, I just want everyone to know you're mine."

"I'm already wearing you're jacket, how obvious can it get, hmm?"

Caleb glanced at his love bites and winced, Eli was going to scold him later when he realised they were there.

"Fine, I'll let you down, but just this once."

Caleb winked playfully and placed him down gently. Taking Eli's smaller hand in his large one, Caleb looked down with a wicked smirk, as Eli smiled sweetly up into the copper eyes that annoyed him beyond belief, but pleased him immensely all at the same time.

"You know, I really like you Caleb." He said quietly.

And Caleb did something he'd never ever done before, he... blushed.