10

Si's face paled, his normally warm and tan toned skin dusted with a coat of sickly green, he shakes his head and sits down submissively. That was threat, wasn't it? Did they know he'd spoken to Jay?

"Okay. Good." He grins. "Alright, that's all. I'll see you at dinner."

After he takes his leave, Si is still sitting there. That was definitely a threat. Why would he suggest telling the guards? Either way, he can't keep dropping hints. If they found out he'd be taken, he would rather die than go back. He's not stupid enough to try dying here, they'd send him straight to the zombie cabin and he'd know the exact reason he wants to die in the first place, all over again. If he kept his head down, they might forget he's even here.

"Are you alright?"

Si looked up, not so surprisingly to see Jay. He sighed deeply, then stood up.

"Why wouldn't I be, sweetheart?" He winked then walked away, pushing down every emotion that almost surfaced.

Before he could get far Jay grabbed his wrist, when Si flinched Jay removed it quickly.

"Is there something wrong with your wrist? That's twice now you've flinched."

Si didn't want to tell him he felt disgusted by his touch, that he felt disgusted by everyone's touch. He decided to throw him a bone, something to get him off his back. He pulled up the sleeve of his long-sleeved black tee, showing a picture of cuts in all shades and sizes. The largest being a vertical line from his elbow to his wrist, in a deep purple.

"Beautiful isn't it?" He asked.

Jay didn't know what to say, he'd never seen cuts that bad. He knew that those weren't cries for help, they were attempts. They were the price of the pain Si wanted. The price of his life. He looked up to meet his dark eyes, in the warm light of the afternoon Jay realised his eyes were a deep brown, not the black he'd originally thought. The orange light reflected off them, showing Jay a dance of deep purple around his pupils. They were beautiful. Just like fire. Jay always loved fire more than anything else.

"Very." He whispered, talking more about Si than what he'd shown him, Si knew that too.

Si was shocked though, he was always met with disgust or pity, never understanding. He looked into Jay's dull green eyes to see a flicker, a flicker of emotion. It lit up his face in a way Si had never seen. Jay reached out and gently traced his fingers along the longest scar, it sent shivers down both of their spines. For a moment, when they met each other's eyes, it was like they were the same person, like their souls were the same. Both broken, but no longer alone. Suddenly, Si snatched his arm back in confusion, he didn't mind that touch at all. It was unlike anything he'd ever felt, and that scared him.

"I-I, U-umm, I have to go." He whispered, running out the back of the cabin.

Jay was snapped from his trance as Si ran, he knew he was interested in Si but that touch was almost magical, like it was destined. Even though it had scared Si, it only sparred Jay on. He was going to help him no matter what it took.

Jay was sure they were the same.