01

as felix walks into the secluded room, he sits in one of the leather seats. nails gripping onto the arms rests, his eyes scanning the high bookshelves full of stories. he hears the door close, it's his therapist mr. seo. felix met with him three times a week, mr. seo asked him simple questions. such as, 'how are you?' to, 'anything on your mind?'

but felix never responded with full emotion. he usually would shrug, answer with one word to just stare at the floor. kicking his feet away. one day, he spoke. it was a sign of improvement to mr. seo, but many thought he was just sick in the head.

he questioned, "is yang jeongin here as well?"

the answer was, no. mr. seo had simply explained of what happened after the scene. senior bang chan had died after being stabbed to death, yang jeongin was sent to the hospital for recovery. while the two other boys, kim woojin and lee minho had been sent into questioning by the police department. while felix, was here.

felix didn't mind the consequences, from what those had examined was that he was unstable. the reason for it was because of han jisung's death, his best friend. his mother and father had never expected this. their pure freckled face boy had the capability to kill another. felix was able to go home sometimes, usually he'd stay at the center wanting to seclude himself.

his body felt cold, inside he felt empty. he didn't know what to do with himself, in all honesty. he questioned to why he was in the center and given this privilege in the first place. when he was taken by the police, he heard whispers and voices from other students. saying, 'he deserves no one's sympathy.' to, 'jisung's death doesn't justify his actions.' and maybe they were right, in his mind he believed he deserved a punishment rather than recieving help. he questioned a lot in the time being of living wihin the center. he didn't have any friends, why did the workers care so much about him? why was everyone so nice after him killing an innocent boy?

he always thought about killing jeongin instead at first. but yet again, jeongin deserved to feel the same pain as him. if felix couldn't have jisung by his side, why can jeongin have chan? as they start their session, mr. seo doesn't have his usual pen and paper attached to his clipboard. he smiles at felix and adjusts his position within his seat. "so felix.."

felix makes eye contact with the man, setting his attention on him. "I will not be the one with you in here anymore." mr. seo speaks.

the aussie boy tilts his head, confusion filling his mind as he rubs his hands together. he speaks for the first time today, "why?.." he softly questions, "mr. seo..why?"

"he won't be any different. he's my son. he wants to experience my job due to him majoring in the same area. due to him being a year older than you, I feel as if you two will connect much more better. you'd be more comfortable." mr. seo explains thoroughly, "I want you to understand though that I'll always be here okay? tell me if he's doing anything wrong or if you do not like his way of speech. I'll give him critical feedback."

"but mr.seo.."

"he attended your school. his name's changbin, seo changbin." as mr. seo finishes with a warm smile, "he'll take great care of you."