02

mr. seo greets felix in his room, felix who is using color pencils to color within the lines of a book. he drops his stuff, the sides of his mouth curling slightly. "hey felix." mr. seo greets, "how are you doing today?"

felix shrugs, looking at his coloring. "alright.."

"alright is better than being unhappy. changbin is here, would you like to go meet him or would you want him to come here?" he questions, "we can do whatever you'd like."

"he can come here.. I'm not in the mood to stand.." as felix turns his body, facing the white desk painted with black color. "I don't think he'll like me.."

"he'll love you." mr. seo sweetly tells, "don't be so hard on yourself."

"mr. seo, wasn't changbin in a group with my best friend? and bang chan." felix looks down into his lap, "I killed him."

"felix." mr. seo enters his room slowly, felix whips his head. "may I enter?"

felix shakes his head as a no, the atmosphere was filled with tension. mr. seo steps back, a hand grips onto the handle, "I'll get changbin. wait here patiently."

"I have no where to run. there's no point."

as the door shuts, felix slowly lifts his head. looking at the color he has filled, the colors are dark. black, black. and some spots as red. a pout forms onto the boy's face, knowing why he felt so gloomy. seo changbin wasn't an unfamiliar name, jisung was good friend's with him. so was chan, they were know for their little unit known as three-racha. producing music till one a.m, creating cool tracks and meaningful lyrics.

felix always loved hearing jisung's voice. whether if it was him being a vocalist or rapper, he didn't care which one. but he'd love to hear it again one day. sadly, all he can do is watch past videos and recordings jisung has sent him or he's kept on his phone.

that's how close he'll get.

as the distasteful thoughts fill within his mind, a storm creates slowly. rubbing his hands together, he did this to calm himself down. but once he hears the door knob twisting open, his heart beats louder than his own words within his mind.

"hello..?" a voice calls, it's the boy, changbin. he enters the room respectively, closing the door right after. "my father—well, mr. seo wanted me to step inside. he explained to me how you never really like anyone entering your room, but due to us needing to get to know each other. the best idea would us being secluded by ourselves here."

felix's back faces changbin, he sits stilly as possible. the words consuming him as he hates the awkward atmosphere, he doesn't turn. he waits for the boy to say more.

"would you like me to stand here? I'll do whatever makes you comfortable."

changbin receives silence, he's not surprised. it's his first day and his father always explained to how felix wasn't much of a talker. yet, he knew felix from jisung. the squirrel boy would talk about him daily, to their little hang outs and the stupid ideas they'd do together. he'd even see felix in the hallway, goofing off or running to where jisung was.

his smile was one of a kind.

he couldn't let felix loose it.

"I'll stay here." changbin states, he bends back as a hand presses on the cold floor first. his weight being transferred on that hand as he allows himself to rest on the ground. his back pressed against the door, he speaks again. "anything you'd like to say?"

felix shakes his head, sitting there quietly.

"should I speak about myself then?"

changbin watches from behind as felix nods, he gives a light smile although felix can't see. "alright, I bet you know me due to jisung and our little sub-unit with chan. I'm a junior, mr. seo's son as you might know already. I bet you're not wondering this, but why am I not majoring in music you may ask? music is cool, yet helping others and finding their way back on track is much more cooler. that's the reason why I'm here, to help you gain your sunshine back."

felix stiffens, changbin notices the small actions and bites his lip. he was definitely afraid of saying something wrong. it was only a few minutes and he didn't want to trigger felix already. "tell me if I said something you didn't like, I'll be sure to watch my words."

felix's mouth slowly opens. he looks down once again, "you want me to gain my sunshine back.."

changbin scratches his neck, "I know it's cheesy, but I've seen your smile before. I want to see it again, everyone does."

"I don't know if I can though." felix mumbles, "if I do, it's most likely artificial.."

"it'll take time felix, I'll be here to help you."

"you say that but the sunshine within me is g—gone." as felix's voice cracks, he chokes on his words as he tries to speak. "the truest smiles I could produce was when I was with him. my sunshine, but he's gone. so what are you going to do to try and replace that?"