10

felix swore he could hear that disgusting giggle from rooms down. he swore with his whole life. lee felix was placed in room nineteen, he was currently trying to take a power nap. but he hears a door slam, he hears an ear piercing scream yet does not understand who is making such a scene in the middle of the day. but a certain someone pops into his mind, a name that left poison on his tongue. he didn't want to say it, but he couldn't help but think of him.

jeongin couldn't be here, he was sent to the hospital and maybe was still recovering. although it's been weeks, there was still a minor chance he could be located there. right? he needed reassurance now, he needed answers and if the one boy who knocked on his door every day, trying to get him to speak knew. he'll talk. he definitely will.

so he waits until he hears the specific three knocks on the door, begging to receive some new information. he stares at the clock and once thirty minutes pass, there's those three familiar knocks. he runs to the door, opening it without any hesitation.

"binnie!—" he shouts, but it's not him. it's in fact mr. seo who stands in front of him with a smile.

"hello felix, how are you doing today?" mr. seo greets, "changbin had left early today. something happened and he needed to return home quickly. sorry if you were waiting for him."

felix's head falls down, he grips onto the door's handle and replies with a soft, "oh.."

"did you need to see him?"

"well, I heard screaming.." felix shortly explains, "I don't want to make any assumptions but the noise sounded familiar in a way."

mr. seo had a thought that felix would have heard, would lying to him be a good path to take? imagine the whole center lying to the boy about who the patients were. then one day, he'd find out and it would lead to distrust. he didn't want his lies to lead to a terrible consequence, so he rethinks of what is the best option.

"mr. seo.."

his eyes avert to felix and sets his attention on the freckled face boy. he grips onto the door handle tightly, scared of receiving the answer to his question. "jeongin is here? am I right?"

mr. seo lets out a sigh, he sounds defeated and somewhat upset that this plan wasn't going the way he wanted it to. but he nods shortly to his questions, "yes, yes he is.." he admits.

felix almost feels himself shut down at that moment. his eyes slightly widen, his breathing becomes unsteady. he looks at mr. seo with terrified eyes, "d—did changbin visit him?"

"to be frank, yes." mr. seo finally spills the truth, "felix, do not worry. I'm not allowing changbin to visit jeongin anymore. something had occurred and—"

felix's expression changes, something had occurred. what does that imply? did changbin leave early due to jeongin? was this the reason to why mr. seo was standing right in front of his door? his free hand is now clenched, gritting his teeth together he shakes his head. "is he okay?" he finally questions, voice soft yet filled with worrisome. "did he hurt him?"

"changbin is fine. jeongin is simply someone new. it was wrong for me to throw him into that situation."

"he'll come back right?"

mr. seo shrugs his shoulder, unsure of when his son will come in. "he may attend school tomorrow. but, there is a chance he'll visit right after. do you need to see him?"

felix's head was spinning, his stomach was churning and he felt like throwing up. he doesn't give an answer, but instead slowly closes the door. "goodbye mr. seo, I'll see you later. I need a nap." he simply tells and closes the door. mr. seo backs away and allows the door to close completely.

felix who is standing in the middle of the room is hit with an unwanted feeling. the fact that jeongin and changbin had been secluded in a room together to where something possibly bad had occurred did not make felix happy at all. he was, irritated. somewhat annoyed that jeongin and changbin had alone time together, why they barely had converse with each other. they were together longer, changbin was specifically helping felix.

but yet felix was shutting him out, it was mostly his fault to why they haven't spoken to each other. yet changbin would be there for felix when he was ready, but it seemed as if someone had snatched him first. he couldn't have someone else taken away from him due to the same person. no, he wouldn't allow it. felix turns his head over to the given plushie he had received from changbin, he stretches his fingers and clenches his fist. his breathing was now fast, almost as if he was panting. there was an emotion within him that was bothering him and he didn't know what to do. "binnie.." is all he whispers, he grips onto his shirt and yells.

"I want binnie!"