(1) we're back bitches

Kennedy's POV

Laying on the bed, I finished the second plait in my hair. The air was silent as I leaned back, sighing deeply, as a cloud of dust sprang from the walls as I tumbled back. My cell was covered in dust. The door opening surprised me, catapulting me off the bed ready for an inspection. However, I didn't feel the slight burn of the laser gun on my back and heard the guard speak. 

"Prisoner 210, you are coming with us!"

2 more guards charged into my room, grabbing my arms as I squirmed. 

"Please! I'm only 16, you can't float me!" I dug my heels into the floor but the guards easily extracted me from the cell. Outside in the corridors, prisoners from every cell were being taken like me. This wasn't like an execution. Still protesting, the guards dragged me down the halls until we reached a room where I was thrown into a queue. Guards stood like walls on either side, carrying their guns in case anyone stepped out of line. The rest of the people, who looked around the same age as me, were being loaded onto a ship. I tried to look around but I couldn't gather my bearings on where on the Ark I was. Following the person in front, I entered the ship, scanning the room. Teenagers lined the walls in seats, strapped in and looking slightly nervous. I sat down next to a boy with dark long hair and strapped myself in, twiddling with my thumbs. The boy next to me turned around, facing me, and smiled. 

"Jasper Jordan."

"Huh?" I questioned.

"My name. Jasper. Jasper Jordan," he responded, smiling. 

"Kennedy Kershaw," I replied, going to stretch my arm out to shake his hand but my arm was yanked back by the seatbelt, earning me a snort from Jasper. 

Before our conversation could continue, a sharp jolt told me that we had disconnected with Ark and I felt the ship gain speed. I threw my head back against the wall, holding on tightly to the seat as the ship vibrated. The screen in the centre of the room switched on, revealing Chancellor Jaha. Booing was heard from all round and I rolled my eyes. Jaha's voice filled the dropship as he talked about the mission and the fact that we were being sent to Earth. My eyes widened and I looked at Jasper. Looking over to my left, I noticed a group of boys out of their seats and a blonde girl, shouting at them to get back in their seats. 

"The Spacewalk Bandit," I heard Jasper mutter, looking at the one in front of the girl, who I recognised to be Clarke Griffin, daughter of chief medical officer and senior engineer, and aptly named by many of the teenagers on the Ark 'Princess'. Next to her was Wells Jaha, son of Chancellor Jaha. 

"Who's the Spacewalk Bandit?" I asked Jasper. 

"His name is Finn Collins. Around 6 months ago, he was arrested for an illegal spacewalk. He wasted a month's worth of oxygen for the Ark," Jasper filled me in. 

"You know what will happen if they don't get back in their seats  don't you?" I asked, and he just nodded. As if on cue, the parachutes were deployed and the boys went flying. One went flying into a pipe, completely going through it and causing smoke to fill the ship. The lights flickered on and off as the ship began to shake more violently. I squeezed my eyes shut tightly. A loud noise made me reopen them, the thrusters of the ship. The ship then slammed into the ground and powered down, the normal lights turning back on. 

"Well that was graceful," Jasper remarked. 

Everything was quiet for a second before the sound of seat belts being unfastened filled the air. I quickly fiddled with the belt before standing up and heading towards the door. A loud deep voice sounded from the front of the ship, telling people to get back. Clarke pushed past me, racing to the front of the door, where she argued with the boy. I rolled my eyes at their arguing, something telling me this wasn't the first time there would be a power argument. 

"Bellamy?" a soft voice sounded from behind me. 

"Octavia?" the boy from the front said. 

The Blakes. Like Clarke and Wells, everyone knew about the Blake saga. Octavia was the illegal second child of Aurora Blake, who was sleeping with a guard so she knew when there would be inspections. When inspections took place, they hid Octavia under the floor. Bellamy Blake, her older brother, was very protective of Octavia but let her out of their room to take her to a dance where she got caught. Aurora was floated. 

Jasper then turned his head towards me and looked at me curiously. "Didn't you get arrested trying to save her?" 

I nodded slightly, grabbing Jasper's free wrist and getting closer to the front. Bellamy, who I noted wasn't wearing a wristband like everyone else, pulled the lever to open the dropship door. A release of air and light blinded me as I shaded my eyes with my arm. Blinking, I adjusted my eyes to the light, desperate to see what was around me. Trees. Flowers. The smell of the air. I watched Octavia closely as she made her way carefully down the dropship door and stood hesitantly at the end. Seconds later, she dropped off the door, standing firmly on the ground. Her hair blew in the wind and she let her head roll back, breathing in this new air. Her scream startled me as she threw her hands in the air and yelled, "WE'RE BACK BITCHES!"

A/N

So this is the end of the first chapter. Sorry it's a bit shit, I find writing the first chapter the hardest. To basically summarise, the 100 have landed on the ground. Kennedy is going to be the lead character and it is important to note she is only 16 (it's a bit of a key plot line). 

I'm planning to post maybe once or twice a week, depending on if people want more regular posting. I'm also planning on doing like a question about the 100 at the end of each chapter. 

Chapter 1's question is my favourite episode. I would probably say either 1x04, because I loved Charlotte as a character and I loved watching Bellamy interact with her, or 4x13, because it was nice to see a lot of the day ones reunite with some faces, despite my deep hatred of Echo. Let me know your favourite episode in the comments if you want :)