(15) i'd wish for you ken

Kennedy's POV

We'd been walking through the forest for a while now, searching for Bellamy. In front was Finn and Raven, who seemed to be all loved up, much to the disgust of Clarke who was walking by my side. 

"I can't watch them anymore!" she said irritated, and stormed ahead. I didn't try to keep up. Before too long I heard Clarke shout. 

"Bellamy!"

Finn and Raven turned to look at me before we ran to Clarke who was a couple hundred yards up ahead. 

"What Princess?" he spat. He then turns to look at me and looks guilty. 

"You know what. Where is the radio?" Clarke asked, still fairly calm. 

"I have no idea what you are talking about," he replied, crossing his arms and smiling smugly at her. 

"Wait. Bellamy. Bellamy Blake," Raven piped up. Bellamy averted his gaze from Clarke to her, looking confused. "I know why he wanted the radio. He shot Chancellor Jaha."

My head snapped up to look at Bellamy, who looked ashamed. I wanted to comfort him, tell him it's OK but I couldn't. Not in front of people. Also, I guess it really wasn't OK.

"The reason he took the radio was so people would think the Earth is not survivable. If they knew we were alive and came down, he would be executed." Raven filled us in with the rest. 

"That's the reason you were cutting people's wristbands off?" I asked, still in shock. I always thought that Bellamy's top priority was Octavia but maybe it wasn't. Maybe it was Bellamy. 

"I had to shoot him Ken. I needed to get on the dropship to protect Octavia. It was the only definite way," he spoke. He looked like he had more to say but formed a straight line with his mouth. 

"Well, Jaha's not dead," Raven spoke up again. Bellamy's face looked to her, he looked almost relieved. "You're a lousy shot." I rolled my eyes at her insensitivity and grabbed his hand. 

"See. Now we can connect to the Ark and tell them we are alive and you'll be pardoned for your crimes like the rest of us," I told him, grabbing his hand and squeezing it. 

"I don't think so Kennedy. I didn't just punch a guard, I attempted to assassinate the Chancellor. If you want to find it, I'll show you where the radio is," Bellamy looked at Raven. He walked off in front, clearly showing us where he put the radio. The thought of walking next to him popped into my head but considering everything that just happened, it would probably be better if I left him to simmer. 

.

.

.

We reached a river and Bellamy stopped walking. 

"Where next?" Raven asked, looking around at the scene in front of her. 

"It's in there," Bellamy said, embarrassed. I mentally cursed Bellamy but decided that I'd be the first to try to find the radio. I started to take my boots off, followed my my socks, trousers, jacket and shirt to leave me in my sports bra and shorts. I then walked into the river, the freezing water piercing my body. I kept walking and turned to Bellamy. 

"Around here?" I shouted. 

"A little more to your left!" he shouted back, trying to co-operate with me. 

"Come on. I need all your help looking for it!" I shouted back and reluctantly I saw them begin to take their clothes off. 

After looking in the river for what felt like a million years, Finn suddenly went under water, coming back up holding the remains of the radio. The radio itself was in 2 parts and completely ruined. I trained my eyes of Raven, watching her face harden. 

"This is all your fault!" she screamed at Bellamy, angrily splashing water at him before storming off to the shore. Finn followed her, who was closely followed by Clarke. I didn't say anything to Bellamy, watching the three of them get dressed once more and leave the side. 

"This isn't your fault Bellamy," I tried to console him but in this instance, Raven was kind of right. 

"It is Kennedy. Even you know that," he muttered, looking down. 

"Hey," I said, lifting his chin with my thumb. "We'll get through this, OK?" He nodded but I could tell he wasn't sure. 

"Come on, let's head back," I suggested, striding back to the shore. This Raven chick better be the genius she makes herself out to be. 

.

.

.

Darkness had fallen in camp and Raven was finishing that final touches to the flares. After Bellamy and I returned from the river, Raven had concocted a plan to build flares that can be seen from the Ark. 

"Right. They're ready," she announced and Bellamy gathered everyone around. The flares abruptly took off as I watched with awe the purple light fly up into the sky. I turned to look at Bellamy, whose face was lit up by the purple light. 

"Do you think they can see this from the Ark?" Bellamy asked me. 

"I don't know," I muttered honestly. "I wonder if you can wish upon these types of stars," I thought aloud. 

"What you wish for?" he asked me, focusing on my face as I turned from looking at the flares to him. 

"I wouldn't know where to start," I answered, half-smiling. "You?"

Bellamy didn't answer me at first but took my hand, leading me away from the crowd. I felt an urge to question him but the words weren't leaving my mouth. Stopping, he pushed me up against the wall of the dropship. Cupping my face with his hands, he crashed his lips onto mine. A couple of seconds later, he pulled away, a little out of breath, and whispered softly "I'd wish for you Ken."

A/N

Ahhhhh, so Kellamy have finally kissed. Yay. Sorry the rest of the chapter was a bit shit, I needed a bit of a filler and had to introduce Raven into everything. 

Question: Scene that made you happy

Answer: In 3x01, when Raven, Jasper, Miller, Monty and Bellamy are in the rover and they are singing Add It Up. I just love it, it's so innocent and pure and beautiful.