(8) slay your demons kid

Kennedy's POV

I watched Clarke as she tended to Jasper. Monty, Finn, Wells and Octavia sat around his body, waiting for instructions from Clarke to help. 

"Some cloth?" Clarke asked and Octavia lunged for an old shirt we had and ripped a strand off it, giving it to Clarke. 

The hatch then opened, revealing Bellamy. 

"He's still alive," he remarked and I rolled my eyes. He was the last thing any of us wanted to listen to right now. 

"Shut up Bellamy!" Octavia replied. Even she was getting irritated by his presence. 

"Don't be a dick!" I spat angrily at him. 

"Look, I'm here to tell you to give up. He's as dead as this dropship and he is making the camp crazy," he said, striding up to us. 

"We didn't drag him through miles of woods just to let him die," Clarke retorted, trying to carry on with her work. 

"Take a look at him. The kid's a goner. If you can't see that, then you're deluded," he responded, sounding calm. We all did as he said, taking a look at Jasper. He had his eyes shut and sweat covered his body. His wound was red and inflamed and he looked, as much as I hated to admit it, dead or at least, dying. Clarke clearly sensed the tension in the room, notably from Octavia, who clearly felt guilty that Jasper saved her life and she couldn't save his. 

"Octavia, I've watched my mum heal people my whole life. If I say there's hope, then there's hope," Clarke reassured her and Octavia gave her a small smile, her eyes going back to Jasper. 

"This isn't about hope Princess. It's about guts. You don't have the guts to make the hard decisions. I do. If he's the same tomorrow, I'll kill him myself," Bellamy spoke, walking to the hatch. "Octavia?"

Octavia looked at all of us sat around Jasper and shook her head at her brother. 

"I'm staying here," she said, quietly but he heard. He simply rolled his eyes and I watched him climb back down through the hatch. 

"I need a healing product. Something like the medicine we had on the Ark," Clarke said. 

"Wait, I have it," Wells spoke up, "I saw some seaweed when we were crossing the river to get Jasper. Seaweed has a great healing power." Damn, he really listened in Earth Skills. 

"OK, well me and Finn will go and find the seaweed. Wells, you stay here with Octavia and Kennedy and tend to Jasper. Monty, keep trying to communicate with the Ark," Clarke instructed, her and Finn standing up. 

"Do you even know what you're looking for? Let me come," Wells argued, standing up. 

Clarke rolled her eyes but gave in. "Fine, come on."

The three of them left the dropship, leaving me, Octavia and Monty. 

"I'm just going to go and check on Charlotte," I said and Octavia nodded, her focus remaining on Jasper as I left. 

"Kennedy?" a voice shouted as I left the dropship walls. It was Bellamy. 

"Come hunting with me? You've been out a lot and know the woods," he said, explaining his reasoning. 

"Fine," I mumbled. Although Bellamy was a dick, he was right about Jasper sending people crazy and it would be nice to get a bit of space. Murphy and Atom walked over, who were clearly part of our hunting group as well. 

"Let's move out," Bellamy shouted, causing me to roll my eyes. 

.

.