(16) silly little child

Bellamy's POV

Kennedy was sat on the logs in front of the fire as I approached her hurriedly. 

"Ken, have you seen Octavia?" I asked, straight the point. 

"Um, no I don't think so, sorry," she smiled weakly. I sighed and nodded at her to say thank you. Turning around, I headed to Clarke's tent to which the door was open and she was sat angrily. 

"You're up?" I asked and she stood up, clearly irritated. 

"Yeah. Knowing that thousands of people on the Arc could be dying makes it hard to sleep!" she spat. 

"Raven's flares will work," I said, trying to convince her but really trying to convince myself. 

"A radio would have worked better," she said flatly and I knew she was right. 

"Have you seen Octavia?" I asked, not wanting to fight with her right now. 

"No, it's Octavia, she's probably chasing butterflies," Clarke spoke and I bit my lip to stop me from saying something I'd regret. 

"I've checked the camp, she's not here," I pleaded with her. 

Clarke was quiet for a second or two before speaking, "OK, I'll help you." She started walking and I followed her. 

"Let's check the camp again. You check the dropship, I'll check the rest of the tents," she instructed and I nodded. 

"Thank you," I said and she rolled her eyes. 

"Don't thank me, I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing it for Octavia," she replied before walking towards the rest of the tents. 

Kennedy's POV

I watched Clarke and Bellamy walk together and I rolled my eyes. I couldn't decipher if Bellamy was seriously worried about Octavia or not. Should I have offered to help? I sighed and decided that instead of driving myself crazy, I would go and check on Jasper. Climbing into our tent, I sat down next to Jasper, who was almost asleep. 

"Hey baby," he said, smiling brightly. 

"Jasper," I groaned slightly at the nickname but couldn't help byt smile. 

A smile spread across his face as well. "Sorry, but I like calling you that. It makes me feel protective over you, like if I had a sister you know. I always wanted a sister, someone to care for and teach them. That's you to me."

I smiled at how sweet Jasper was and gently brushed some of the hair of his face with my fingers. "You're cute Jasper."

Before either of us could speak again, shouting began outside our tent. 

"Come on," I said, helping Jasper stand as he wrapped an arm around me for support with standing. We walked out of the tent and joined the group of teenagers stood, looking up at the sky. My eyes found Bellamy quickly and he walked over to us, looking concerned at me. 

"You found Octavia?" I asked and he shook his head, looking sick with worry. 

"Octavia's missing?!" I heard Jasper exclaim but there was no time to reply. 

"What's everyone worried about? It's just a meteor shower," someone shouted as Jasper, Bellamy and I walked to the middle of the circle where Clarke, Finn and Raven were. 

"It's not a meteor shower. It's a funeral. The culling happened," Clarke spoke and a light gasp sounded. All eyes fell on Bellamy but the worst were Raven's.