(29) she's supposed to be peaceful, she's sixteen

Bellamy's POV

Clarke and Finn had returned from the Grounders around an hour ago and we'd filled them in on the goings on in camp, mainly the fact that Murphy just tried to string up Kennedy. Currently, Clarke, Finn, Octavia, Jasper and I were sat in a circle in the dropship. Raven was asleep in the corner and Clarke was keeping an eye on her and Kennedy, who was also asleep, had her head in my lap. A red burn stretched across her neck but the thin white line left by Murphy's knife was still visible. 

"She looks so peaceful," Finn noted, looking at Kennedy. 

"She's supposed to be peaceful, she's 16," I said back, brushing some hair off her face. "Now, we need to talk about war tactics."

"No, we need to talk about leaving," Clarke interrupted. "Lincoln told us that the Grounders are coming and we need to leave. Bellamy, we won't win."

Clarke began to stand up. "Clarke we need to talk about this?" I shouted but she walked straight past me. Shit! I gently lifted Kennedy's head and rested her body against the wall before charging after Clarke. 

"We need to leave! There's an army of Grounders coming for us, right now! We need to pack camp and run!" Clarke said, causing everyone to gather up. 

"Like hell we do! We knew this was coming!" I argued back. Everyone was now in a full circle around us. 

"Bell, we're not prepared," Octavia said. 

"And they're not here yet. We still have time to get ready!" I yelled exasperated. But I seemed to be fighting a losing battle. "Besides, where would we go? Where would we be safer than behind these walls?"

"There's an ocean to the East. The people there will help us," Finn answered. 

"You expect us to trust a Grounder?" I asked them, raising my eyebrow slightly. Octavia gave me an angry look but I didn't care. I was trying to protect her, protect everyone like always. 

"This is our home now. We built this from nothing with our bare hands! Our dead are buried behind that wall in this ground! Our ground! The Grounders think they can take that away. They think that because we came from the sky, we don't belong here. But they've yet to realise one very important fact: We are on the ground now, and that means we are Grounders!" I spoke confidently. A few people nodded but most people looked unsure. I couldn't blame them, I was asking them to put their lives at risk. But little did they realise that Clarke and Finn were asking the same thing. 

"And we've got guns!" someone shouted from the crowd. 

"Damn right! I say let them come!" I shouted back. 

"Bellamy's right," Clarke began, "if we leave we may never find a place as safe as this. And God knows, in this world, we could be faced with something even worse tomorrow. But that doesn't change the simple fact, if we stay here we will die tonight! So pack your things, just take what you can carry! Now!" 

With that, the group dispersed and I looked around shocked. Not one person was willing to stand with me to fight for everything we've made. Clarke turned to look at me sadly but I shook my head at her. Everyone had now left to their tents, leaving myself, Octavia, Finn and Clarke. 

"Where is he?" Octavia turned to Finn, clearly referencing Lincoln. Finn just passed her something, which I was about to ask about, but Raven's screams from the dropship distracted us. 

"Raven!" I shouted, charging into the dropship. Despite her being a pain in the ass, she was so clever and brave and we needed her. Clarke came charging in, cleaning the wound again. 

"Clarke leaving here is a mistake," I said to her. 

"The decision has been made," she said firmly, focusing on Raven. 

"Crowds make bad decisions," I said desperately, referring to the day we hung Murphy. "Just ask Murphy. Leaders do what they think is right."

She looked up from Raven to me. "I am."

I gave up trying to talk Clarke out of this and went over to Kennedy, who was still asleep. 

"Hey," I said, lightly pushing her arm. Her eyes flitted slowly open and she looked like an angel. 

"Hey," she smiled at me. 

"Listen, we have to leave so we need to get your stuff, OK?" I told her. 

"Leave? Why are we leaving?" she asked looking confused. I turned to look at Clarke over my shoulder before turning back. 

"It's a long story. Come on, let's get your stuff," I said, helping her up. I wrapped my arm around her waist tightly. 

"Bellamy I can walk," she mumbled, turning a little pink. 

"I know," I whispered back and she smiled. We walked to Kennedy's tent, where I helped her pack some stuff into her bag. She then grabbed her gun, slipping it over her shoulder and her knife, which she tucked into her pants. 

"Go and sit in the dropship whilst I pack my stuff OK?" I instructed and she furrowed her eyebrows. 

"Why are you looking after me so much?" she asked, looking up into my eyes. 

"Because an hour ago, I watched Murphy almost hang you. You need to take it easy," I told her and she blinked emotionless. 

"I'm going to go and help Raven."

Kennedy's POV

I entered the dropship and saw Clarke sat with Raven. 

"Clarke, you need to go and pack your things. I'll stay with Raven until your done," I told her and she nodded, rushing out of the dropship. 

I sat down on the box next to the hammock Raven was in, taking her hand. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked her softly. 

"Like I've just been shot," she replied, causing me to chuckle slightly. 

"I'm sorry for what happened to you Raven," I apologised, feeling guilty for the accident. 

"We're lucky the bullet hit me. If it had hit the rocket fuel then we would have all been dead," she remarked. I sat back, remarking at how brave this girl was. 

"I also want to say, I'm sorry too. For sleeping with Bellamy. I didn't know you guys were kind of a thing and I was angry about Clarke and Finn and he was stressed about everything and it just happened. But I instigated it so don't blame Bellamy, please," she said. I was taken aback that she'd apologised. I never expected an apology from her but I was also surprised to hear it was her who started it. 

"No, you didn't do anything wrong. I overreacted, Bellamy and I weren't together," I answered. 

"TIME TO GO!" Clarke shouted from outside and I sighed. 

"Ready to go to the ocean?" I asked. 

"I don't think we have a choice," she replied. With that Bellamy and Finn entered the dropship, carrying a stretcher. 

"We need to lift her onto it," Finn said, as the three of us grabbed Raven and cautiously lifted her onto it. Miller then came into the dropship and took one of the stretcher, Finn on the other, leaving me and Bellamy in the dropship. 

"You ready?" I asked and he nodded. 

"Let's go."

A/N

So this is the second last chapter. Ahhh sadness. Book 2 will be out as soon as I can though but I have exams right now and I like to pre-write the books or at least get a head start but I'll do my best for you. Also, the start of this is so cute with Kennedy asleep on Bellamy's lap. Also, did you like most of this being in Bellamy's POV. Juts thought it would be a cool change so let me know if you liked it and I'll do it again. Also, THANKS FOR 6K!!!!!!!

Question: Finn or Bellamy?

Answer: Think it's fairly obvious considering this book