(4) cradle snatcher

Bellamy's POV

"Look Bellamy. We need you to come with us. Whoever stabbed Jasper made a clean shot from quite a distance and right now, that gun is our only protection," Kennedy explained, clearly trying to persuade me to come. She sounded desperate. 

I thought back to what Octavia told me. That Kennedy and Jasper saved her. Maybe I should go? If I have the gun I'll be safe and it will give me an opportunity to get some more wristbands off. Sighing, I answered her. 

"Fine, seeing as his sorry ass saved my sister," Bellamy replied. She rolled her eyes and I held in a smile. "Oh, and thanks by the way."

She looked at me confused. "What for?" she asked, confirming my assumption. 

"You know what for," I answered, referring to her saving O again. She must have understood me as she let a smile slip before quickly changing her face back to emotionless. 

"Atom!" I shouted, and he appeared within a couple of moments. "My sister doesn't leave this camp, is that clear? Anybody touches her, they answer to me," I instructed and he nodded. I knew Octavia wouldn't be happy but I didn't trust the criminals in this camp. 

"Let's go," I said as Clarke and Wells joined us. Clarke, Wells and Kennedy set off at a much faster pace and I grabbed Murphy's arm to slow him down. 

"Since when are we in the rescuing business?" Murphy asked. 

"The Ark thinks the Prince is dead, when they think the Princess is dead too, they'll never come down," I told him and he nodded. "I'm getting that wristband, even if I have to cut off her hand to do it!"

I looked angrily at the back of Clarke. Something about her wildly pissed me off. 

"What about baby over there?" Murphy asked, gesturing towards Kennedy and I cringed at the nickname. I hated it almost as much as she did. I only used it when she was being annoying. I didn't answer him and just sped up the pace to catch up to everyone else. 

.

.

.

We'd been walking for a while and it had been mainly quiet. Clarke and Wells were dead silent, considering Clarke hated Wells, and he occasionally looked over at her, making sure she was OK. Kennedy spent a lot of her time looking around at the forest, despite the fact that this was her third time on this route. 

"Hey hold up!" I shouted as Clarke and Wells sped up. "You don't survive a spear to the heart." I waved the gun around as I spoke. 

"Put the gun away Bellamy!" Wells told me and I ignored him. 

"Bellamy!" Kennedy spoke, louder than Wells. 

"What are you going to do about it?" Murphy spoke, pushing Kennedy back into a tree. I gritted my teeth at his act of violence but didn't say anything. 

"Jasper screamed when they moved him. If the spear struck his heart then he would have died instantly," Clarke snapped, her eyes burning into me. "Doesn't mean we have time to waste." She turned around to carry on walking but I grabbed her wrist. 

"As soon as you take off that wristband, we can go," I said, keeping a firm grip of her wrist. However, she broke free from my grip and looked angrier than before. 

"The only way the Ark is going to think I'm dead, is if I'm dead. Got it?" she spoke, squaring up to my face slightly. 

"Brave princess," I spoke sarcastically, deciding to let it go for now. 

A voice sounded, however, that wasn't one of us. 

"Why don't you find your own nickname?" Finn spoke, walking casually towards the five of us. "Call this a rescue party? You've got to split up, cover more ground. Clarke come with me," he instructed and she followed him obediently. I turned to Kennedy and Murphy, who was still restraining her against the tree. I gestured my head at him to get off her and he released her. 

"Dick," I heard her mumble as she walked past me. Clarke and Finn turned off the path ahead as the four of us carried on walking. Kennedy walked a little faster than the rest of us, remaining in sight as she was the only one who knew the way they went this morning. I walked just behind Wells, who I noticed was constantly watching Clarke and Finn, who were just in eye sight. 

"Guess we've got more in common than meets the eye, huh?" I spoke, knowing Wells was in love with Clarke. 

"We have nothing in common," Wells answered flatly, his eyes remaining on Clarke. 

"No? Both came down here to protect someone we love," I answered and I noticed him tense. Wells didn't answer but moved his eyes to the floor. "You're secret is safe with me."

"Of course, for you it's worse," I decided to interject. "With Finn around, Clarke doesn't even see you. It's like you're not even here." I knew this was killing him but I had the right to mess with him. He was Jaha's son, and that alone gave me the right. 

Clearly, I struck a nerve with him as he snapped back. "What about Kennedy, huh? You like her? Well sorry to remind you but she is 16 years old, 7 years younger than you!"

It was my turn to tense. Kennedy had nothing to do with this. I glanced at her up ahead and was pretty sure you could hear what Wells was saying. 

"Bellamy Blake. You're a lot of things. A rat, a janitor, a criminal, but I would have never thought you'd be a cradle snatcher!"

I stopped myself from punching him, although I really wanted to. I knew he was just angry and I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of knowing that Kennedy was a weak spot for me. I simply cracked my neck and carried on walking. 

Kennedy's POV

I heard Bellamy and Wells' argument. What is it with boys in this camp trying to get each other to punch them? I hated my age constantly being talked about. Everyone saw me as a kid, despite being only a year younger than everyone else in camp and it pissed me off. I sighed, vowing to prove to them on this trip that I was more than just a baby who needed protecting. 

A/N

Well hope you enjoyed. I really like this chapter as it is pretty much all in Bell's POV and you get to see a lot of different relationships. Also, fun fact, this is the last chapter I wrote of this book (I pre-wrote the whole thing before publishing) so that's kind of cool. Anyways, hope you enjoyed and I'll see you for the next chapter ;)

Question: Favourite Guest Character?

 Answer: Charlotte or Harper (I think she's classed as a guest at the beginning before becoming a regular in the later seasons)