(17) hurricane bellamy

Kennedy's POV

The camp was currently preparing for the inbound hurricane. I thanked God that I had listened to the lesson about hurricanes in Earth Skills, making me capable to lead to the group as Clarke instructed me to. Clarke was inside the dropship, switching between trying to help Finn and help Raven with the radio to speak to Abby. Bellamy, Miller and Drew had left camp a short while ago, leaving me to deal with everyone else. The rain pelted it down and my whole body was dripping. 

"We need to shut the doors! Everyone inside!" Octavia shouted and people started charging inside. Once everyone had ran in the dropship, I quickly checked that no one was left in camp. At that moment, the gate burst open and Bellamy, Miller and Drew ran in, carrying a body that I recognised. 

"Is that the Grounder?" I asked in shock. 

"Yes, now help us get him inside!" Bellamy shouted over the rain and thunder. 

"OK, take him to the third floor. Clarke and Raven are in the basement and everyone else in camp is in the middle floor," I instructed, opening the hatch for them to get through. People seemed to be confused at what we were doing but we didn't have time to explain. 

"Octavia, close the doors!" I shouted back as I dived through the hatch. 

"Tie him up over there!" Bellamy ordered. "And tightly. The last thing we need is this bastard getting free because you screwed up!" 

Drew and Miller were tying frantically, clearly trying to rush before he woke up. I stood in the corner, not knowing what to do with myself. Octavia then came through the hatch, clearly curious about what her brother had in store for her captor. 

"He's waking up!" Miller said and I saw the Grounder's eyes open but for some reason, he didn't fight against the chains. His eyes were instead trained on Octavia. She looked back at him, walking closer. 

"Octavia get out of here!" Bellamy commanded but she ignored him, breathing heavily. 

"I told you, he was protecting me," she said through gritted teeth. I found that hard to believe considering we found her chained up in a cave. "You don't have to do this."

"This isn't about you," Bellamy lied. "I'm doing this for all of us."

"You did that for all of us?" Octavia questioned, referring to the Grounder's face which was clearly messed up by Bellamy. She was right. As much as he though he was doing this to help camp, he was also trying to avenge Octavia. 

"I did that for Finn, and Jasper, and Diggs, and John and Roma," Bellamy listed off the people who had died. He looked hurt and I got it. John was high up in his clique and Roma was his number one when he was horny. 

"It wasn't even him!" Octavia fought back but Bellamy yelled quickly after. 

"You don't know that!" he paused. "We need to know what we are up against, how many there are and why they are killing us. And he's going to tell us right now."

"No Bellamy please," Octavia begged and she grabbed his arm as he walked closer to the Grounder. 

"Miller, get my sister out of here!" he ordered and Miller just nodded. 

"NO! GET OFF ME!" Octavia fought back. 

"Miller, I got this one OK?" I stepped in and he just nodded. 

"Look Octavia, I'll make sure that nothing too bad happens to him OK?" I offered and she nodded, looking back at the Grounder before going back downstairs.