1

I ran into a nearby alleyway, panting. I ducked behind some rubbish bins as I heard the footsteps of the men chasing me getting louder, halting, and then fading away. I dropped to the floor and held my knees to my body.

I, Y/N, am on the run. Well, mostly. By day, I'm a normal college student; I fall asleep in some lessons and stay up until 3am on nights before exams. By night? I'm a runt, scavenging for food and mixing with all sorts of gangs just to steal some sort of warmth. I have no home, so I have to make do on the streets.

What? No, I'm not dirty. I have somewhere. My mother died when I was 7 and my father is an abusive alcoholic. I've been living on the streets for 5 years now, and every morning at 5am, I sneak into my dad's house's window and use the shower. I also change my clothes, as all my stuff is still there. He never goes to my room in the empty garage, and it's locked anyway. It's my little help area. However, I have no money or food, which explains my street rat lifestyle.

I unwrapped the kimbap I had stolen from a boy who looked around my age and took a bite. It tasted great. I munched on it a bit more before wrapping it back up and stuffing it in my pocket. I stood up and walked up to the small wall at the end of the alley. I used a bin as a boost and hopped over it with ease, running down to my little tent underneath the night sky, in the hidden part of an alleyway in Seoul.

This is how I live. Care to join me on my narrative journey?