8

I laid my head on my hand as I spaced out. It was always the same routine; sit and listen to these idiots talking about shit that I already know. Today, however, I had an anxious feeling in my stomach. It's always for a reason.

The static on the loudspeaker crackled. "Chae Y/N to the main office, please." It said. I furrowed my eyebrows, but I picked up my bag and left the room without hesitation. When I got to the main office, I saw a face I absolutely despised to see.

"Y/N!" My alcoholic father fake-smiled. "Where have you been?" He leaned forward to hug me, but I pushed him back.

"Y/N?!" The head teacher said in a scolding yet questioning tone. "Your father says you ran away from home! What happened?"

"He isn't my father." I said bitterly. "I ran away years ago because he's an alcoholic."

"Well, I'm sorry, but until we can prove that, you have to go back there." She frowned.

"No. I'm living with some really nice guardians right now and I'm safe there." I said, tearing up slightly

"If they let you out looking like that, they obviously aren't responsible. Outfits like that should be for only me to see." A smirk flashed across my father's face. I looked to the headmaster. Surely she must realise he's fishy.

"Go with him." She said very sternly.

"Come on, babygirl." My father said, and it echoed in my ears.

I thought of the S.K.Z. and Chan. How when he says that name, it makes me happy. I didn't even remember my trauma when I was with them.

With them was where I felt safe.

I dashed out of the school building as fast as I could, my father tracking me for a while but giving up in the end. I ran through the alleys, hoping that I was going the right way. In about 30 minutes of fast running, I came to the familiar flat block. I leaped up the stairs and rang the doorbell furiously.

"Who is it?" Chan called from inside, and opened the door to see me, tears streaming down my face. "Y/N?! Wha..."

I cut him off by collapsing into his arms, sobbing into his chest before slowly drifting from the exhaustion.

My eyes fluttered open to eight heads crowded around me. I blinked a few times.

"You're awake!" Seungmin said happily.

"I gave you some pain killer, so you might be a bit drowsy." Woojin smiled sympathetically. I nodded.

"What happened?" Jisung asked. "You came home and just fell into Chan."

"It was really concerning." Changbin muttered, causing the others to mutter words of agreement. As they fussed over me, I heard the door click open and close, and we fell silent. Jeongin walked into the room happily, but as soon as his gaze fell on me, he teared up and threw his backpack down to run towards me.

"Y/N!" He said, tears now streaming down his face. "What happened?"

"Don't cry, I'm okay!!" I said reassuringly, rubbing his back as he sniffed over my lying form. Seungmin and Hyunjin took him to his room to calm him down.

"Come on, guys, we should give Y/N and Chan some privacy so she can open up." Minho said, smiling slightly, before collecting the members and leaving the room, closing the door behind them. I tried to sit up on the sofa, but Chan pushed me down again.

"Get some rest." He smiled and stood up, about to leave. Not wanting to be alone, I grabbed his wrist.

"Stay." I muttered softly. "So I can rant."

He blinked a few times before lying beside me on the sofa, both of us facing the ceiling.

"What was that?" He asked, referring to my breakdown.

"M-My father appeared at my school." I stammered. "The head master was trying to force me to go back to him. He abused me, so I wasn't really... keen..."

"Oh my god." He said in shock. "I'm so so sorry."

"It's not your fault." I smiled slightly. "But now, I don't know how I'm meant to go to school."

"For now, don't." He said. "I'm home most of the time, so is Minho, and Changbin and Woojin. Soon Hyunjin will be, too. So you can stay home and we'll protect you. That also means you can be really active in missions and all that."

"But then they'll chase me here." I said.

"We'll protect you." Chan repeated. "I promise." I stared into his eyes for a second, amazed at his kind nature, before he pulled me into a tight hug.

"We're always gonna be here for you, babygirl." He stroked my head.

"I have a question." I said. "How did you know I had a babygirl kink?"

...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...

"I didn't...?"

Shit.

I sat on my bed scrolling through my texts with Jae, smiling at then, when I got a text from Chan.

I walked into his room without knocking and sat down beside him on the end of his bed.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I was wondering about that babygirl kink of yours." Chan smirked.

"Bring that shit up again and I will fucking slit your throat." I said harshly.

"I was just curious!" He put his hands up in surrender. "If you tell me, I'll share something personal about myself."

"If I tell you, you gotta tell me one of your kinks too." I compromised.

"Fair enough." He smiled.

"Well, it's something that my celebrity crush used to call his fans when I was really young and it kinda stuck." I said truthfully. "My dad knew about it and called me it in an attempt to try and seduce me, but it never worked and I left soon anyway."

"Ah." He said. "Well, babygirl, it just so happens that I have a daddy kink."

"Oh??" I wiggled my eyebrows. "Our kinks are compatible."

"Sounds like a match made in hell to me." He laughed.

"Why do I feel so comfortable talking to you?" I asked. "Like, it's weird how I feel I can trust you with literally anything."

"I feel the same." He smiled. "You just have a trustworthy feel about you."

"Why, thank you." I said, flattered.

"You are a bit of a hoe, though."

"I will fucking slap you."