~ Language Darling ~

~ Language, darling ~

Dialogue is one of the key elements in making a great script. With no dialogue, you wouldn't have a conversation. With discussion, you can create a realistic universe where two or more characters speak; otherwise, it would be considered a monologue.

Monologues comprise one character who speaks in a scene at a single time. The dialogue comprises two or more characters working together to make a conversation in one location.

Each character has to be present. However, your characters do not have to have equal parts. There are many examples of this in television and movies today because it makes the story more enjoyable and realistic unless the character is doing what we call a voiceover (V.O.) or a third-person-point-of-view monologue audience.

A voiceover (V.O.) Or voice-over is a part of the script where the narration takes place if needed. The narrative is the breakdown of the story from a third-person point of view (POV). Your narrator is our eyes, and we see what they see.

INT. BEDROOM - DAY

The instructor, Jordan, roughly 21 years of age, sits on her bed, tapping her fingers against the digital keys as she instructs the following sequence of events.

Narrators POV

Jordan (V.O)
A voiceover (V.O.) is one of the critical elements of a scriptwriting sandwich, as is the person's point of view (POV). We look at different perspectives and original characters with dialogue or narration as we examine the scene deeper.

The typing comes to a halt, and she takes a moment to think. She takes a long deep sigh. She resumes typing.

Jordan (V.O.)
A voiceover (V.O.) is a different monologue where a single speaker recalls the current events in a scene.

Our narrator pauses as the battery on her computer dies. She grunts and picks up her phone, where she will continue her lesson.

Jordan (V.O.)
A monologue differs significantly from a dialogue. Dialogue, as explained above, is a written conversation between two or more characters. These characters usually have action between their talk but can be a sequence that builds on each other without effect for a short time.

Jordan pauses for a beat. She is thinking of how she can put the following events into words. She clicks her pudgy fingers against the keys once more, feeling more motivated.

Jordan (POV)
Sometimes, there is no dialogue. Movies that contain no discussion are called Silent films and only rely on actions. There are many examples of silent films, such as Charlie Chaplin, who is famous for his silent films. That is one of the best examples of a silent movie.

Jordan pauses one last time before she returns to her work.

Jordan (V.O)
In conclusion, monologues and dialogue changes point of view. The monologue uses the third POV and has only one person who speaks, while dialogue is in the first person POV and has two or more speakers. In some films, there is no dialogue, and the film relies on actions. Monologues and dialogue are what can keep the script exciting and more enjoyable. It is an excellent way to share the characteristics of your character without giving too much information.

Jordan wipes her sweaty brow as she comes to a close. She smiles, knowing it took a while to explain this chapter, but she finally made it.

That was not a piece of cake but a way to show monologue. If you follow that outline, you're guaranteed to have a proper method.