~ Quick, back to two seconds ago! ~

In many films and television shows, flashbacks and flash-forward scenes have been used to tell the story from different perspectives. However, these tricky scenes can become a hazard when it clashes with your original script. I mean, what's the point in flashing backward or flashing forward in a view if it makes little sense with your plot points and script?

Keep the scene as simple as possible when writing a flashback, but ensure you stay within the story plotline. Never overdo the flashback by giving unnecessary details and not part of your story.

You should:
- Give details that make sense.
- Make it short and straightforward.
- Have it related to an action or aspect that may happen at the moment or shortly after in your script.
- Give as much detail as you can without spoiling the entire script.

Make sure your audience is aware of what's happening. Your audience has to know you're flashing back. That's the whole point.

You want to ensure you give details about your script and characters in any flashback. If not, there's no reason to include them.

Flashbacks can be brutal to write if you're not a professional and not always needed. Also, in many scripts, flashbacks are unnecessary to tell the story. If you want to write a flashback, follow the details.