Moving Day

Sally hadn't expected the building of his new home to look as villainous as his father.

"Seems fitting," Sally said to himself, quietly enough to keep his spiteful father from hearing him.

"Sal go get the last box from the truck" Henry, Sally's dad, demanded as he entered the apartment.

"Sure," Sally grabbed the last box from the moving van and headed after his father. The move from New Jersey had been a two day process, yet Sal missed his old home as if it had been years.

Sally had almost finished organizing his room but the final few boxes felt like a mile away. Rolling his eyes he took a final look for the time being and left his room.

"Done?" His Dad asked when he saw his masked son. Shaking his head Sally's father sighed, "You better get that finished off." Quickly checking his phone for the time, Sally managed to find his voice to respond.

"I was just taking a break dad. We've been at this for an hour or two."

"Tsk." Standing up from the boxes littered on the ground Henry went up to his son. Unintentionally, Sally flinched when his father approached him. Henry didn't do anything towards his son's reaction and sighed, giving his flesh and blood a hug. "I know this hasn't been easy Sal," Henry started, "Just try to make this work. There's so much you don't know about the world yet, you're only 15 after all."

"I'll try Dad." Sally responded, he had learned from the past that any response is better than no response.

"Why don't you go around and talk to the others that live here. Show them your face, make some friends or something. You don't need to be cooped up in here all the time."

"Okay Dad. I'll be back later then."

"Be back soon boy- you've starting school tomorrow."

"Okay."

Through out the next hour Sally had gone through the different floors, introducing himself and holding small conversations with his neighbors. His train of thought was interrupted when he came across a woman who had a janitor outfit on. He hadn't realized that he had been staring for a while until the lady looked back at him.

"Hello young man! You must be the new resident living here, moved in today didn't you?"

"Yeah. My dad and I. My name is Sally Face."

"Oh how rude of me, I'm Lisa. I work here and live here as well, we live in the basement."

"We?"

"Oh yeah. My son Larry, he's about your age I believe. Here, go introduce yourself, I have to finish up my work."

"Thank you Lisa." Sally thanked as he was given a key card that would let him go to the basement. Sally waved to Lisa as he went into the elevator and straight to the basement.

Lisa's apartment was fairly the same as his own. The main difference that Sally could immediately pick up on was the blaring music coming from one of the rooms. More specifically, it was coming from the room with a 'Keep Out' sign planted on the door. This must be Larry's room, Sally had decided. Not wanting to just stand awkwardly in Lisa's apartment he worked up his courage and knocked harshly on the wooden door. The music was suddenly turned down and the door was swung open.

Sally didn't know what he expected from the name Larry, but it definitely wasn't his place to judge someone on looks, it's not like he was judging or anything, Larry just looked... Unexpected. Of course his looks weren't bad, if anything the surprise that had originally struck Sally hadn't done anything more to him than cause pink to creep upon his covered cheek.

"Sup dude, I'm Larry. Guessing that my mom sent you down here huh?"

"Yeah, she seems really nice- Woah! Your room is insane dude!" Sally's train of thought changed quickly when he managed to look past the long haired teen in front of him.

"Come on in and look around if you want, just don't touch anything without my say so." Larry opened the door the rest of the way and Sally slowly walked in, examining the walls in awe. Despite Larry's intense height gap on Sally, Sally actually felt like he had a reason to keep his shoulder up and his head held high.

"You like metal?"

"Metal?" Sally asked in a questionable tone,

"Dude- Please don't tell me that you don't know what Heavy metal is. Like, one of the best kinds of music."

"No, no, I know what it is. Duh. Just didn't know you meant music." Sally couldn't help the color that spread through his cheeks, once again thankful for his face covering.

"Hey, if you don't mind me asking, what's with the mask."
Damn, thought Sally. He knew better than to think that Larry wouldn't ask about it, but it wasn't anything new to him.

"It's actually a prosthetic." Sally answered in a flat tone.

"Shit, sorry dude. I didn't mean to offend you with that."

"No, it's alright." Sally subconsciously brought his hand to his prosthetic and continued, "Its a question I'm always given."

"Well I didn't mean anything by it, I just thought that it looked rad."

"Heh, t-thanks." Comfortable silence followed Sally's gratitude. Despite his projected uncomfortable demeanor Sally face was glad that he had met someone he felt he could relate to.

"Wanna rock out?" Larry asked as he turned the volume up ever so slightly waiting for the bluenettes response.

"Hell yeah."

Sanity Falls was something that Sally was glad to have been introduced to.

This chapter was edited by my awesome sister Popalowaletchada she does a lot of Miraculous Ladybug, Creepypasta, and My hero academia. Go follow her!