10:

I didn't feel the stinging of the dagger enter my back, but I felt it leave, I felt the guts it cut start to bleed and shut down.

I felt the floor as I fell.

I rolled onto my back to face my killer, "Y-" I cough, blood dripping down the side of my lips, "Y-You're more of a reaper..."

He smirks, kneeling next to my head, "Hun, if you're gonna call me anything, call me the Angel of Death... calling me a reaper just makes me seem like a killer." he scuffs, looking at the knife, "Your mother knew her blades... this is beautiful craftsmanship."

I flinch, "I-I didn't kill her, she killed herself."

Lance nods, "I know, Hunk had met her that day, he was the one chosen to guide her soul. She's very sweet... she had asked about you." he looks at me, sympathy coating his blue eyes, "She only asked that you would grow happy... she's probably looking at us now... she was there during the Katie murder."

A tear falls down my temple, I look to the ceiling, "She-She was?"

Lance nods, "She was very worried, said that if you were to call that I should be the one to answer..." he placed down the knife, gently grabbing my chin and moving it to face him, I gazed to his ring instead and it glowed a slight red, "It's time."

I didn't look to Lance, I couldn't. My body was too weak.

"Don't fight it, please?" he had whispered, his voice drained.

I hummed, unable to make out a single word, my stab wound had numbed, my hands had stopped shaking.

He turned my head so I was looking at him, "Just know, if I were human and you weren't so crazy, I feel like we would have made a great couple..."

He leans forward, our lips touch softly, a soft glow between them.

My eyes fluttered shut, my soul left my body.

Lance pulls away from my body, setting my head down and standing, "It's time to leave." he looks at my soul.

I stare at my limp body, my foot and fingers twitching before stopping completely.

"O-Okay..."

He grabs my hand, leading me to a bright hole in my wall, I stare at my body as we leave, my head no longer numb, but light.

"What do you deserve?" Lance lets go of my hand, turning to face me as we stand in this white room.

My mind shows me everything, from my first words to my last, "I-I deserve to change." the words leave me before I could stop them, my eyes wide.

Lance smiles softly, "That's what I was hoping you'd say..."

——
AN: :-))) that's it. You can interpret that ending anyway you want, and if you have any questions please DM me or leave them in the comments! I hope you enjoyed, it was a bit wacky but I was working on a short story themed around horror for English so I got inspired ;-)

My main inspo was Edgar Allan Poe, who would write in the main character's POV and use that to fuck with people's minds, so I wanted to try it and see how it turned out! I kinda like it, but honestly it's more for short stories than full books... but that's my opinion! I love his writing and would kill to be as good as him, but he was also pretty fucked in the head so idk if I want it that badly...

Subject change: if you guys would want a Q&A to answer some questions you might have, I would gladly do one! But if I don't have a good amount of questions then I might just answer in the comments :-/

If you enjoyed this short story please leave a comment telling me your favorite part and vote! If not, please tell me what you didn't like or leave some constructive criticism! It's always welcome.

-Haley❤️