TechEd Project

I took TechEd, or Technology Education, during the first semester of my Senior year. The first half of the class was drafting where we learned how to draw sketches that showed the shape of 3D objects. During the second part of the semester, we had to choose a woodworking project and build it. I decided to build a bookshelf for my room since I had a spot where I could put it. I measured the spot and designed a simple bookshelf. I had already decided that the top shelf was for Harry Potter books, the next one for my Star Wars books and movies, and the third for my few Agatha Christie books along with the entire TV series. The bottom shelf has my cat's food and water on it because he's a coward so he eats in my room.

Anyway, it took me forever to complete. I spent quite a lot of time in the woodworking shop during my Christmas break. I applied the last coat of stain on the day before school. However, it still needed two or three coats of varnish. I never ended up going back but the people who work at the shop varnished it for me and I finally got it today. Personally, I think it looks awesome!

Just so we're clear. I didn't do everything. My dad helped me out a lot. But I did cut most of the boards and I helped glue it together, though my dad did all the nails. And I also sanded it at least five times.

Okay, that's enough of me talking about it. Here it is:

I love it so much and now I've got extra room on my other bookshelves so hopefully, I'll be able to get the books out of my closet and I can get that organized too

I love it so much and now I've got extra room on my other bookshelves so hopefully, I'll be able to get the books out of my closet and I can get that organized too. We'll see.

Have a good day!

Bye!

Written January 22, 2019.