The Awakening pt5

" Oh is this your seat?" He asked.

Uh, i literally just said that. Is this kid deaf or something? he thought to himself.

He stared awkwardly at the kid and the rest of the class. Just then the teacher walked in. He looked back and forth between Zach and the new kid.

" Mr. Nixon, that seat is Mr. Elivard's," Mr. Voldar said," Please have a seat next to Miss. Halden," he said pointing to an empty seat. All the girls near Zach's seat started groaning. Ugh, this is gonna be a long year, he thought. He sat down and opened his textbook. Halfway through the class he felt someone staring at him. He looked and he saw Kira staring at him. Hmm, he thought to himself. When the bell rang he walked past Kira to talk to Mr. Voldar about the lockdown. As he walked past Kira heard a soft whirring coming from him. What is that, his phone?, he asked himself, No, if that was his phone wouldn't he have ans-

"Mr. Elivard, did you need something?"

He jumped and turned towards Mr. Voldar. He gave Zach a confused look.

"If you didn't need anything, would you mind showing Mr. Nixon around campus? It would save me enough time to grade those tests I'm sure you were bound to ask for," Mr. Voldar said eyeing him.

Zach assumed he was looking for signs of resistance. He probably figured that Zach had something against the kid because of the whole seat incident. He looked at Mr. Voldar and told that it wouldn't be a problem. He'd walked out the classroom door when Mr. Voldar shouted to get his attention.

" Hey Zach, take it easy on the kid, alright?"

"Of course sir, not a problem," he responded with a smirk.

Zach led him down the hallway to the elevator. He noticed Kira kept glancing at him and shifting his weight from one foot to the other. He figured the kid probably had ADHD and ignored him.

"Zach Elivard?" Kira said quietly, "I've heard so much about you."

What the heck, Zach thought to himself. He didn't know what Kira meant but, he knew he wasn't talking about sports. He decided to ignore that too. Kira sighed.

"Little Zach Elivard lost his mother to an accident," he said with a pitying tone,

"You wouldn't know anything about that," Zach said shaking," My mother got what she deserved. A chance to start over... Just like she wanted."

Zach didn't want to hear anything else from this kid's mouth. Obviously, he knew more about him than he let on. He figured it would be best to ignore him again. Maybe he'll take a hint, he thought.

"Such a kind, soothing spirit. No wonder Yukio loves you," Kira continued," And yet why do you ignore me?"

Yukio? Should I know this person? I think I recognize the name but-

" How could you not remember him," Kira asked with slight irritation, "Zach, he took care of you at the orphanage. You went to school together."

Now Zach was really confused. As far as he could remember he was never in an orphanage.

"Kira, what the hell are you talking about," he asked annoyed," I've never been in an orphanage and I don't know who this Yukio guy is you keep talking about. So just shut up and take the goddamn tour."

There was a long silence as he stared Kira down. After a few minutes, he figured he had won and turned towards the elevator."I know where everything is-"

Zach threw a wadded up ball of paper at him and walked away angrily. Kira caught it and just stared at him confused.

Zach walked to his homeroom and was about to sit down at his desk when a message on the intercom told that he was to go to the office. Exasperated, he got up and went to the office. On his way there he walked passed Kira and heard the whirring again. He didn't care. Let him be a cyborg for all I care, He thought. When he reached the office, he walked to see both Rina and Ace talking to the principal and a tape rewinding on the office monitor. They all looked at him concerned.

"What happened," he asked.

No one said anything but Rina pointed to the monitor, which had stopped rewinding, and a chill ran down his spine. Zach was being targeted by an active humanoid android that has been reported missing and he had a feeling he knew who it was.