one // arabella

song list

arabella - arctic monkeys

seven nation army - the white stripes

this is gospel - panic! at the disco

brain stew - green day

sail - awolnation

social casualty - 5 seconds of summer

// arabella //

by the arctic monkeys

released january 2014

written by alex turner of the arctic monkeys

just might have tapped into your mind and soul

bella was a writer. and a lyricist. she liked to think she was half and half. she poured her heart into a short story and used it to make songs. even though she could, she didn’t want to publish books or poems or any shit like that, she didn’t want to waste so much time. the process for writing a book is much longer than writing a song. so instead she chose to write for big english musicians, turn it into a song, and get rich off the successful tunes she created.

there was a method to her madness that intrigued so many before. most musicians cannot write like her, she has a different aspect on life. she either falls to hard or fucks to hard, there was no in between when it came to bella, it was always one or the other. the way she wrote confused people, and so often she was the only one who could understand what she was scribbling down in the old ratting notebooks that her best friend, matty, gave her for her birthday when she was 16.

matty was the one who pulled her into all of this. he was a musician and a writer as well. he liked to use movies and books to get his inspiration from. he encouraged her to write about her experiences when she was young. at the time it was only an outlet that she used to escape being a reject in high school. however as she got older and more confident, she used her abilities to make money.

her friend louis, from the famous band, one direction, asked her to write something for his band. it wasn’t the first time bella had written for them, but it was the first time she wrote with the specific individual: harry.

harry was simpler than bella. he was easy to read and decipher. you could tell what he was thinking just by looking into those delicate green eyes. he was much different from bella in the fact that he was very casual about things, not trying to figure out every little detail.

that day bella went to harry’s apartment to write a song or two, harry was trying to prepare.

however he never prepared for bella to tap into his mind and soul.

-

bella confidently walked up the steps to harry’s apartment, content with taking the stairs because the exercise wouldn’t kill her. however the organic cigarette she held between her index and middle finger might.

the necklace she wore around her neck bounced with each step she took, the ‘a’ rising and falling on her skin. she adjusted the black hat that balanced on her head when she got to the top step. she smiled, thinking of her best friend matty, whom she stole the hat again and again from.

he’d always yell at her for taking his clothes. whether it was the hat, a leather jacket, a band shirt, bella would steal it. she always blamed the fact that when on the tour bus with him and his band, the 1975, all their clothes got mangled together and she didn’t bother trying to figure out what was what. matty didn’t really mind, he liked his clothes on bella, and she liked wearing them.