c r i t e r i a

lemme prove you how this critique shop of mine isn't like any other shops out there: i won't be focusing much on your grammar, spelling, dialogue tag, punctuation, etc. cuz that shit is so basic and i believe there are more important things to learn in writing than the technicalities.

the mood, the tone, the voice, the flow of the story, the plot... i'm talking about those. authors should develop their skills in those areas rather than the technicalities. but of course i'm not saying spelling and grammar aren't important. cuz who the fuck wants to read stories full of mistakes and errors?

but, again, who the fuck wants to read a smoothly-written story that has no direction? or story that has the most boring scenes? uninteresting characters? overused plot?

(ever noticed why i didn't use the word ‘cliché’ up there? cuz, darling, that word itself is so clichéd, i hear it everywhere it's so annoying.)

here is how i am going to critique your story:

book cover
is it eye-catching?
is it too simple? too fancy?
does it match with the genre?
does it represent the whole story?

don't judge a book by its cover. yeah yeah sure! but nah. don't fool yourself. the cover is what the readers first see. if they aren't impressed with the cover, do you really think they'll take time to read your work?

blurb
is it interesting? boring?
is it too long? too short?
does it hook the readers?
does it give the readers a glimpse of how the story will go?

if the cover isn't enticing enough, the blurb is your chance to hook us! if you don't know how to write a killer blurb, well then, you're in the right place. i'll be giving tips on writing blurbs.

title
is it unique?
is it connected with the story?
does it cause curiosity?
does it pique the reader's interest?

the brand
voice
mood
tone
writing style
pacing
conflict
scene transition
narration
...and more

this is where i will mainly focus. i call it the brand because this is what makes your story unique, regardless its overused plot. if a story has its own brand, i assure you it would be memorable/unforgettable.

this is where i will decide whether your story is worth-reading or just another crap needed to vanish from wattpad.

characterization
are the characters unique?
are the characters three-dimensional? or too bland?
are the characters developing throughout the story?
do the supporting characters have significant roles in the plot?

technicalities
grammar
spelling
punctuation
capitalization
vocabulary
dialogue tag
action tag
...and more

+++

also, i would like to emphasize that unlike those unprofessional critics, i won't be giving you a critique containing corrections cuz that is an editor's job, not a critic. i can suggest change but i won't be correcting it. i won't tell you how you do that change. no one knows your story more than yourself. 

my critique is gonna be an essay type. the first sentence is my over-all comment then followed by the details.