Chapter 16

*Camila's POV*

I opened my eyes to the brightness of the sun hitting my face. I groaned and rubbed my eyes. I ached all over. I looked around my room as if I was looking for something. Something inside of me felt...different.

I let myself fall back on to the bed. I heard something crunch underneath of me. I reached for whatever it was. A paper or note.

Hey Camz,

You were falling asleep and  well I walked you back. Despite the many times you fell because you were kinda sleep walking. (that explains the aching) lol sleep tight beautiful. I'll see you later ♥ - Lauren

It was then when everything hit me. What happened last night. I instantly smiled and brought my finger to my lips. She was my first kiss.

I laid back with a smile across my face. I had never smiled so much. It was nice to feel...happy I guess you could say. I thought about Laure. and the kiss we shared last night. She was so tender and careful with it. She made it feel like a dream. I felt like it was. I still could not believe it actually happened. But if all her kisses were like that I wouldn't mind doing it again.

My thoughts were interrupted by my mom calling me down to breakfast.

I guess I was still smiling because my mom noticed. "Why so happy today?" she asked. I looked up at her. Her eyes were full of tiredness and sadness. I don't think I could ever keep anything from her. Well maybe I could some stuff but thats only cause I don't wanna hurt her more.

"Mom?" I said. "Yes mija?" I looked down at my food. "Is- is having feelings for your best friend bad?" "Absolutely not. Why?" I took a breath. "What if that persos is the same gender?"  I asked slowly

She let her fork down. "Um," she started a bit surprised at the question I had asked "I wouldn't say bad. It's just different? but not a bad different. If the person makes you happy then that's all that matters" She gave me a small smile. I relaxed. "Why is it you ask? There must be someone." I smiled at the thought of Lauren. "Mom. I think. I think I'm falling for Lauren." She put her hand on mine. "As long as you are happy honey. Nothing matters" I smiled and gave her a tight hug. "I love you mom." I heard my mom sniff. She is so sentimental sometimes "I love you too Hija"

★★★

The next morning I woke up somewhat excited to go to school . I wasn't excited for school just excited to see Lauren.

I walk down the sidewalk towards school, headphones plugged in lost in my own music world. I walk down the crowded halls towards my locker. I was getting out a few journals and a book for my class when somebody slammed my locker shut. Startled I jump back dropping my books and I looked up to see who it was.  Andrea.

"Hello, hello, my nerd." She said. With That stupid smirk of hers across her face. I bent down to grab my books but she kicked them. I looked up at her. She pulled me up by my hair and slammed me against the locker. "I heard you got a good beat by my friends. But you still haven't had one from me." She hissed in my face.

Just then someone grabbed her from her shoulder and pushed her back.  "Don't you ever touch her again." Lauren said with anger in her voice. "Don't get into this Jauregui. This is just Camila and I." Andrea said red faced. "I don't give a fuck! But aren't putting a single finger on that girl!" Lauren shouted. Pushing her back causing her to bump hard into the locker.

Lauren grabbed my hand and pulled me along. I held on to my already picked up books. "You're messing with the wrong girl!! You and that slut will get it and hard!" Andrea shouted at us from the distance. "Don'listen to her. She won't do shit." I have to admit mad and cursing Lauren was sexy. But I was still worried and scared. "Lauren. I don't want anything to happen to you because of me." She stopped and faced me. "Its gonna be okay. okay? I'll be fine you will be fine. I love you camz." She placed a kiss on my cheek. I instantly relaxed and blushed. "You're too cute" Lauren complimented and reached for my hand.

-

We walked into the lunch room hand in hand. We weren't together but I didn't mind holding her hand.

We reached the table and the girls immediately stopped their convention and looked at our intertwined hands. Dinah looked at Lauren "You grew some balls eh?" She said with a smirk. "Shut up Dinah. Nothing is on yet." Yet. Dinah frowned. "Don't play me like that Laur. God. The Carmen feels are hard to control." "Camren?" I asked confused "Its you guy's relationship name. She never shuts up about it" Normani informed. "Come on they are cute. Look at them!" They looked at us. I felt awkward. "True. but give us a break would ya? Ally said. Dinah rolled her eyes. "Fine but Lauren. You better" Lauren smiled and looked at me.

"Soon."