Chapter 17

*Lauren's POV*

Weeks passed since that night and my feelings grew stronger. I really loved Camila. She honestly is the most beautiful human being I have met. I could speak about her forever.

I was planning on making her my official girlfriend. I mean we already acted like it. We held hands often and sometimes I stole kisses from her. She made me so happy.

--

I got in my car ready for school and to see Camila. I happily sang along to the radio. I parked in my parking spot and got my things ready. I held tight to the ring box. I smiled happily at the thought of Camila being mine.

I went in and waited by her locker. The first bell rang and she hadn't showed up. I was starting to get worried. I saw Andrea and she smirked at me. I walked over to her. "I swear if you did something to her you are going to pay!" I told her. She smirked wider. "So scared." She pushed me out of the way and kept on. The last bell rang and still no Camila.

I took my phone out and texted her.

TO: Camzie

Babe are you okay? Where are you?

From: Camzie

Yeah. I'm fine. Not going to school so don't worry. I love you.

For some reason I felt unsure About it. Something didn't feel right. "Lauren!" Dinah yelled. I hadn't noticed she was talking to me. "What?" I replied "What's wrong? Are you okay? I've been speaking to you for the past 5 minutes." She said worried. "Sorry. I was just thinking about Camila." She raised an eyebrow. "Ooo girl. Get some. Where is she I didn't see her today."

"That's the point. She said she isn't coming but I don't know something doesn't seem right." Dinah shook her head. "Your always the worrier Lauren" "No. Its just I'm afraid because of last time" "Its okay Lauren Camila wouldn't do that again" she gave me a smile but it didn't really ease my worry.

~~~~~

After school I made my way to her house. Her mom wasn't home yet. Just as I thought. I knocked on the door and waited. No one answered. I knocked again and waited. Still no answer. I knew Camila was in there I grew more worried.

What if she did something. What if something happened. I walked to the back to her window. I there was a hole where I could see.

She was sitting on the floor with an ear bud in. Her cheeks were stained with tears. She had some small bruises on her cheek and arms. I knew something was up.

I knocked lightly on her window. "Camila please let me in." I said. "I can't." She said and I heard a sob escape her mouth. It torn me apart to see and hear her like this. "Camz. Please. Or I'll break in. You pick." I heard a few more sobs. Minutes passed. "Camila." I said again.

The window opened slowly. I climbed in. She was sitting on her bed having put on a sweater. Looking down at her hands. I walked over to her and wrapped my arms around her small body. I felt  a tear fall on my arm. And another followed by another. I let her cry in my arms. I hated seeing her like this. I wanted to take it away from her.

After a while she pulled away. I looked at her. There were dark circles under her eyes and a few bruises here and there. I grabbed her wrist. She flinched a little. I knew what that probably meant.

I looked at her. She swallowed hard. I slowly raised her sleeve.

My heart broke at what I saw.

Countless white lines along with many new fresh cuts.

A tear escaped from my eye. "My heart breaks to see you like this. I wish I could take all the pain and hurt and just shower you with happiness. You deserve so much more Camila. You don't know how perfect you are. Please stop hurting yourself."

She pulled her sleeve down. "Because that's easy." She said. "I know its not but Camila please." I pleaded. "You don't understand Lauren! You don't know how much pain I feel. You don't know how hard it is for me to get up and go somewhere. You don't know how many endless nights I cry to sleep. You don't know how hard it is to pretend to be happy for everyone. You don't know how damaged I am. You don't know how much I hate myself." She was crying again at this point. "You don't know how much I want to die. You don't know." Her voice cracked.

I gently took her arm and lead her to the bathroom. I turned on the sink to warm water. I took a rag and dampened it. I wiped her stained cheeks softly. I raised her sleeves and cleaned the dried blood. She flinched but I was careful.

I set the rag down and took her hands in mine. "You are right Camila, I don't know. But there is something I do know. I love you. All of you. From head to toe there is nothing I don't love. You are perfect in my eyes. And nothing will change that. This," I raised her wrist "These are your battle scars. It shows the many times you wanted to give up but managed to keep going. You will get through this and I'll be at your side helping you in every step."

I took her in my arms again. I felt her relax. "Now, how about you take a shower and change while I get you something to eat and a movie okay?" She nodded. "Lauren?" She said before going. I looked at her. "Thank you" "Don't thank me Camila I just love you" I smiled and went to do what I had said.

We ended up with boxes of pizza and Disney movies. We laying on her bed covered by a blanket. She was cuddled up against me peacefully asleep. I smiled down at her. The most beautiful are always the one who hurt the most. I wish I could change that.

I slowly cleaned up. I covered her up and placed a kiss on her forehead. "I love you princess. You will be mine soon." I whispered. I smiled and left.