Chapter 23

From now on it'll mostly be Camila's POV. There will be some Lauren, but mostly Camila :)

---

I sat on the stands watching Lauren as she stepped up to base. It was her turn to bat. The game was tied and the game was in her hands.

She looked over at the stands I smiled and gave her a thumbs up. She smiled and looked at the pitcher. The girl threw the ball and Lauren let it fly by. The pitcher threw another one and this time she swung. The ball flew high and Lauren ran to first base.

She was almost home and so.was the ball. She slid in just as the ball was ctached. "Safe!" The umpire yelled. Lauren put her fits in the air and I cheered. She happily sat up and looked directly at me. She held up four fingers and pointed at me as a sent signal of 'For you' I blushed an made my way down to greet her.

Once I got here I threw my arms around her sweaty body.   "Good job Lo!" I said she picked me up "Just for you" she leaned in an placed a kiss on my lips "Good job out there Lauren" I looked to see who was congratulating my girlfriend. Andrea. Lauren tensed up. "Thank you Andrea." She said. Andrea looked at me and smirked. "I'll see you two around." She turned to walk yo the soccer field. "Baby has she said or done anything to you lately?" Lauren asked a hint of worry in her voice. I bit my lip and slowly shook my head.

She studied closely. "You would tell me, wouldn't you?" I nodded. "Babe how about we go get something to eat?" I said to stop further questions "Mm okay. Let me go get my stuff." She jogged off.

I ran my fingers through my hair and sighed. I can't keep on doing this. "Ready Camz?" I nodded and walked to her car. "So where are going?" She asked putting her stuff in the back. "Umm how about the dinner down the street?" She nodded and we made our way.

--

We were sitting out in the back watching the sun set. I was deep in thought. I looked over at Lauren. The girl I'm in love with.

Pity. I remembered. I sighed. "Something wrong Camz" Lauren said looking over at me with her pricing green eyes. I shook my head. She looked at me for  a while. "Camz, you know you've been acting... Distant. I feel like you are hiding things from me." Shit.

I looked at the ground. "Laur can I ask you a question?" "Of course". She said. I took a deep breath. "Um, okay, uh. Would-" I took another deep breath. "Would you ever date someone out of pity?" Lauren's face dropped. My heart sank at the sight. What did I just do?

"Why would you ask??" She said hurt clear in her voice. I shook my head. "No, never mind." "No Camila tell me!" Now there was a hint of anger. I kept silent. "Camila!" I looked at her. Her eyes were the greenest I had ever seen. I opened my mouth to speak but nothing came out.

She stared at me intensely. Finally I spoke. "Lauren I'm sorry. I just. The other day I was in the bathroom when Andrea came in and said all these things. I don't know why I let them get to me but, she said the only reason you are with me is because of pity. You feel pity for me." I met her eyes once again.

They were lighter but still dark. "You know what hurts Camila, knowing that you think I would actually do that to someone. Especially you. If I didn't feel anything for you do you think I would of asked you to be my girlfriend? But you know what hurts more? You lying to me." She kept looking hard at me. "Why Camila?"

I looked at the ground. There was silence. "Is there something else you are hiding that I should know?" She finally said. I bit my lip still looking down. "Dammit Camila just tell me." I can't. I felt tears build up. God Camila you crybaby. "Answer me Camila is there!?" "Yes!" I yelled. "There is. I'm moving!" I felt a tear roll down. I looked up to meet Lauren's eyes. Full with sadness and hurt. "What?" She said. "We have to.move again. Soon. I don't have much longer to stay." I wiped away the tear that had found its way to my chin. "And how long were you planning on keeping it from me?! Don't you think I should have deserved to know when you found out so I could make the best of our last moments together? God Camila I thought we agreed to not keep stuff from each other!!" She was now yelling at me. Another tear rolled down.

"What's wrong with you Camila?" Her voice cracked and I knew she was crying now. "Is my love for you not enough? Are you that blind? I thought you knew how much you mean to me. But apparently I was wrong." With that she went inside slamming the door.

I'm such a fuck up.

~~

A/N

Hey guys I'm sorry I took so long for an update. I've been so busy with school stuff. Ill update as much as I can. Love you all <3