19.

Marty didn't stop driving. His eyes were glued to the road ahead. Even if he tried to, he wouldn't have been able to tear his gaze away. Not even for one second. He wasn't going to stop the car; something unthinkable would be destined to happen. He couldn't risk stopping the car because Penny and Grubby would easily catch up and kill them. He couldn't let that happen, remembering that they'd already killed an innumerable number of people. He just wanted to get out of the location with Marcia; once and for all.

"Marty? They're running after us! They're right behind us!" Marcia cried.

"I'm driving as fast as I can Marcia!" Mary replied.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang on the roof of the car. It was either as though something large had fallen...or someone had jumped onto the car. Causing the roof metal of the car to bend. Marty and Marcia looked at each other, both terrified. They weren't able to imagine what it was. It couldn't have been an animal like a large bird. It could be one of the clowns...which would spell doom. As fast as Marty was driving, the foreign objective remained. It was rigid and failed to budge.

If it was one of the clowns, it made sense as they were strong and capable of jumping onto a moving vehicle. Grubby had been blinded and he was still trying to kill Marty and Marcia. It was almost as if they were immortal. It was bone-chilling...which scared them. If in fact it was the vermin clowns, how was it that they were still perfectly capable of chasing after them and trying to kill them?

Then...Marty and Marcia heard movement on the roof of the car, simultaneously a pale white figure appeared on the bonnet of the car. It was Penny peering in through the windscreen. She'd somehow managed to run like the wind and in a feat of incredible athleticism, jump onto a car driving at high speed.

Marty thought that ultimately, she'd get inside the vehicle and somehow finish them off...terminate them both. Penny cackled evilly and grinned vehemently. Marty accelerated...and the car sped up even more. Penny seemed unfazed as the car was being driven faster. It seemed ludicrous and unfathomable that no matter how fast Marty drove, the disgusting maggot remained on the bonnet. It defied logic and all laws of physics.

The clown raised her pocket knife before jamming it into and piercing the windscreen causing a large, thick crack. The nefarious clown's grin had faded and was replaced with tumultuous fury. She commenced pounding the windscreen with her hammer like clenched fists. The windscreen shattered, smashing to smithereens. Bits of laminated safety glass sprayed back into the car's interior. Marty and Marcia were thunderstruck when the shards, (numbering multiples of hundred) missed hitting them.

Marcia screamed loudly as Penny viciously jumped onto her; her knife being held tightly in her grip. At that point, Marcia's hands were flailing about, trying to hit and punch Penny. However, Penny only chuckled at Marcia's feeble attempts to fight her. In a swift manoeuvre, Penny raised her knife and thrust it into Marcia. Blood began to seep out onto her shirt.

Marty slammed his foot onto the brake pedal, bringing the jalopy to a sudden unceremonious halt. He needed to urgently help Marcia and continuing to drive wasn't helping. He could easily hurt her and push her out of the car. But he didn't know how long it would be before Penny was up on her feet. He needed to kill Penny and get her out of the car. It was the only way that she'd be stopped...for good. That would obviously stop her from chasing after them or anyone else for that matter.

The only issue was that he didn't have any lethal weapons to aid him in killing her. The only weapon that existed; that fell into the ambit of a weapon was the vehicle's cigarette lighter. There was; however, Penny's own pocket knife. The problem with that was the fact that Penny had control of the knife. It was impractical to contemplate fighting her, with the remote hope that he'd gain possession of the knife. He had to distract her and get the knife from her possession...somehow.