20.

Marcia was fatigued and felt weaker than she ever had.  She was even more exhausted than the time she'd been held captive in the big-top.  Put simply, she was beyond enervation and it took a monumental amount of effort just to make the smallest movement.

She held her hand close to the wound; continuing to apply pressure, hoping that it would stop her from dying.  Marcia had a sense that it was pointless because she knew that she was going to die.  With every passing minute, she was losing more and more blood.  She knew that the end was near.  Her time had come...she would soon have to go.  She grimaced as she raised herself into a sitting position.  Marcia was in acute pain and her entire body was aching immensely.  Every time she moved, it felt like someone was hacking off her limbs with a large machete.

Marcia turned to glance back over her shoulder through the rear car window.  To her astonishment, Grubby was there...it seemed as though he was running towards the car with the prod in his hand.  He looked exasperated and utterly puffed out...but amazingly he was still pushing himself.  It looked as though his sole mission was to annihilate the last two remnants of the once loyal and tight group of friends.

"Marty...Grubby is still chasing after us." Marcia said; her voice was so quiet that it sounded like a whisper.

"It's fine, let him chase after us.  He can't even see properly.  I don't think he'll be able to catch up to the car anyway." Marty let out a small chuckle.

Marcia wanted to laugh, so much...but she wasn't able to.  If she attempted to let out the smallest giggle it pained her stomach.  So, she just responded to Marty with a small acknowledging nod of approval.  She continued to gawk outside through the back window.

As the car was being driven faster and faster, Marcia observed that Grubby's silhouetted outline was diminishing and getting smaller.  It was overtly apparent that he was slowing down...and considerably.  At that instant, Marcia saw the blinded bile reprobate come to a complete stop.  He'd ceased his rapid like waddle and angrily threw the electric prod down onto the road.  Marcia had kept watching him as the car drove further and further away.

The last visual of Grubby was of a rapidly fading microscopic figure in the distance.  At that moment Marcia burst into tears, semi cleansing her blood and filth stained cheeks.

"Hey...what's the matter?" Marty asked, looking over at Marcia.

"We did it Marty...we got away from them." Marcia replied, brushing away a tear.

Marty stepped on the brake and stopped the car as Marcia leaned over him.  She brought him into a large embrace.  He hugged her back, feeling his eyes water.  He closed his eyes tightly, waiting for the tears to disappear before re-opening his eyes.

Marcia was happy at that moment.  She was finally free.  She was free from the clowns, from the tent and from all the torture and torment she'd faced.  She and Marty had managed to escape from the place, safely and successfully.  She couldn't wait to go home.  She couldn't wait to get back to town.  But she knew that her time would soon be up.  She didn't know if she'd live long enough to see the town again.  She pulled away from Marty and sat back into her seat, pressing her palm against her wound again.

"Everything is going to be okay...we're going to make it back to town and get the police.  The police will know what to do...they'll fix everything and put those clowns behind bars so that they can rot for the rest of their lives.  They'll pay for what they did." Marty explained.

"Yes..." Marcia nodded.

At that moment, Marcia felt the air around her becoming thin.  It was very difficult for her to breathe.  She tried to move but felt paralysed.  Her surroundings became blurry.  She could see that Marty was yelling something at her but she couldn't quite understand or decipher what it was.  The sound of her heart pounding ferociously was pretty much all she sensed.

Suddenly...her world started to disappear, everything in her view had turned black.  Her body felt numb.  She knew that her time was up...it was the end.  She was going to die.  Death was taking over her and she couldn't do anything to stop it.  She couldn't fight back, she didn't even make an attempt.  Marcia felt herself being descended into a world of blackness where nothing lived.  She shut her eyelids...ever so slowly...but permanently.  Even though she was dying, she felt somewhat comforted.  She felt at peace and happy to know what Marty would make it back to town alive.

"Marcia...Marcia...please Marcia?" Marty said, poking Marcia's shoulder. 

Marcia didn't budge.

"Marcia!  No!  Come back!  Don't die!"

But no matter how loudly Marty yelled or how persistently he tried to wake her up, it was no use.  She was dead.  Marcia was left sitting in the car seat.  Not moving.  Not breathing.  She was gone.  Marty slammed his fist on the car's dashboard angrily as tears began to stream down his face.  He continued to drive the car even though feelings of stress and trauma seemed to overwhelm him.

His friends were now all dead.  They'd managed to kill Marcia as well.  He was never going to forgive them for that.  He hated the clowns and wanted them to suffer, locked up for the rest of their lives.  Marty also wanted them to burn in hell for eternity.  For the moment, all he could do was to get back to town and tell the police so they could then do their stuff.

He didn't know if he was going to be able to make it without Stanley, Marcia, Claudia and Todd.  When Marty made it home, it would never be the same.  That particular day was meant to be fun for them.  They were going to celebrate their holidays and enjoy each other's company.  However, the whole day turned out to be a complete macabre nightmare.  He didn't understand why it had happened to him and his friends.  They'd never done anything wrong or bad to anyone and definitely didn't deserve what they had been subjected to.  He didn't want a bunch of low-life, wickedly villainous clowns to have won.

He stepped on the pedal of the car and sped even faster into the distance.  The show needed to go on.  He needed to make sure those clowns were locked up and they paid for what they did.  He knew that his friends would've wanted him to continue living life to the fullest.  And a bunch of clowns wasn't going to take that away from him.

The end

a/n

hey dudes so this is the end of the book! :) what did you think?

RIP Marcia, you will be remembered <3 <3 <3

first off ~ thank u SO much for all the reads, votes and comments!! it means SO much to me!

when i first published this story, i honestly never thought it would get past 50 reads but now its past 1K and increasing more everyday! plus it won 2nd in a contest, like holy fuck i was not expecting that <3

all of you are SO awesome and i love u guys so much! whenever someone comments or votes it literally makes my day so i can't thank u guys enough!!  <3 <3 <3

for those of you who enjoyed this story, i've published a new horror story that involves cannibals. check it out if you're interested and leave some comments and votes :)

also the song i put in is All Nightmare Long by Metallica, i'd really recommend giving it a listen as it really suits the story!!

thank you my dudes so much for the support! i love you all! <3