Hesitation

*Ring*

*Ring*

*RING*

The alarm clock was abruptly silenced as it was thrown across the room and into the peach wall of the bedroom. Ju Haknyeon was not a morning person whatsoever, so understandably so the sound of an alarm clock was one that got on his last nerve. He sighed and tossed the pink cover that covered his body off of himself and sat up, stretching to help quicken the process of waking up from his sleep. 

He slowly grabbed his phone and looked at the time, and realized he had woken up way earlier than he was supposed to and that the alarm clock was on the fritz anyways due to it going off this early, making him glad he broke it. After this he lazily got up out of his bed and went about doing his day after checking his texts and social media accounts on his phone. 

He entered the bathroom that was attached directly into his room and looked at himself in the mirror. His totoro onesie was stained, and it looked rather odd but he was used to it at this point. Plus who was going to see him in it other than himself and his family? 

He brushed his teeth, and styled the blonde locks on his head before quickly grabbing his deodorant and putting some on, then realizing that he had rolled his deodorant ontop of the underarms of his onesie. He sighed and walked back to his room and picked out his outfit for the day. He laid out a red plaid shirt, the cuffs of the arms coming up to just above the crease of his elbow, and some well fitted black jeans with rips in the thighs of them. Haknyeon's style was... different to say the least. To be truthful he described his own style as "a little bit of everything". 

He quickly walked back into the bathroom, and put his deodorant on correctly this time after taking off his onesie, and got dressed quickly. As he slipped on his shoes, his phone rang.

~Hey boyyyyyy ne jilmundo da ppeonajiman wae jakkuman kkeullini~

The sound of his newest music obsession, "Q&A" by a newly debuted girl group, Cherry Bullet blasted through his phone's speakers. He unplugged the charging cable from the phone and answered the call, sighing, his voice sounding rough due to not speaking yet after just waking up.

"Hello?" he said in a tired tone.

"Where the hell are you!?" the voice of his best friend, Kang Hyewon rang into his ear harshly as she was yelling.

He backed his head away from the phone and let out a yelp.

"Why are you screaming!"

"Because this is America, I can do what I want."

"But we're in South Kor-" he started to say before she cut him off.

"It was a joke." 

"Oh" he said as he scratched the back of his head.

"Anyways where are you! It's 10am school has been started for 3 hours and you're late to dance practice!" she continued to yell at him, worriedly through the phone.

"IT'S WHAT" he yelled, immediately wide awake at the realization that it was 10am, his clocks were both incorrect and he was late to school.

He hung up the phone immediately and ran out of his room, running past the breakfast his mom had made him, which had gotten cold at this point most likely,  grabbing his bookbag.  He sped out the door and got onto his bike and was on his way to school. 

Normally, it would be no big deal for him to miss school, after all, it was just one day. But due to his status as the captain of the boys' dance team in his class, being late was setting a bad example which was something he did not want to do as it could effect not only him but his entire team as well in the long run.