Emotion

As the bell for 2nd period to start rang, the halls were filled with rushing teens just trying to get to their next class of the day.

Haknyeon came out of the bathroom as soon as he heard the hallway noise die down quite a bit and proceeded to walk his way towards the dance practice room. He hated the noise that was produced from all the footsteps of his fellow schoolmates when it was time to switch classes, or during their free roaming period during the latter part of the school day. And even worse, he hated large groups of people. The only reason he was comfortable with his 22 member dance group, including himself, hyewon, and the boys and girls groups respectively, was because he knew all of them at least a little bit. It was only around strangers or people he didn't truly know that he felt uncomfortable, which is why he avoided the hallway at all costs.

He opened the door to the dance practice room and walked over, putting his bag in it's place and starting his stretching routine that he did before the dancing commenced, just so he was safe and didn't strain or pull anything trying to pull of a certain move. He felt the hand of someone smack his back roughly and he leaned up and yelped, turning around to see Hyewon munching on a banana, looking at him.

"Ow!" he said looking at her "You could've just said my name!"

She swallowed the bite of banana in her mouth and peeled the peel down further and looked at him.

"My mouth was full and I wasn't sacrificing not tasting even one tiny particle of this banana to say your name when I could smack you to get your attention." she spoke as she ate the rest of the banana and then threw the peel in the neighboring trash bin.

"Anyways, I came over here to remind you about the big dance off coming up in 2 weeks. We're going to be on separate teams with our pupils here, but we're also gonna be against other schools too. If my team does not win, I want your's too so at least this school has a winner within it. You need to find a 12th person for your team because the formations look a little off, and I only want what's best for us all! I already called my friend Chaeyeon a few days ago and she'll be joining my team in a few minutes to practice."

Haknyeon licked his lips and internally panicked. He knew about the dance competition, but he was so stressed about the recent events with Sunwoo that he moved it into the very back of his mind. He knew what song they were doing, but Hyewon was right, he needed a 12th team member. The formation was all wrong and it looked so strange upon seeing it in the mirrors while they were practicing. But he had no idea who could join them. He had no solid male friends that he could call upon, and that was a problem.

Just then, the dance practice room door opened and in walked Lee Chaeyeon. She was an already established dancer, and it intimidated Haknyeon. He had seen her various covers that she had posted online to her YouTube channel, and he noticed that the way she danced was so fluid and smooth, but if the song called for it, she could turn her movement style on a dime and become sharp and crisp with them. Pile this upon the knowledge that he already possessed, that Hyewon was a great dancer too, and it put even more pressure on his back to find a good 12th teammate.

"You guys are up first today. From here on out we all need to not practice anything else and practice our competition songs, got it?" Hyewon said as she smiled and patted him on the shoulder and walked over to the group of girls on the other side of the room to watch the boys' routine.

Haknyeon grabbed his water bottle from his bookbag, took a long drink of it and cracked his neck a little bit before he walked to the center of the dance floor and motioned for the boys to get in formation.

"Chanhee, your leg okay today?" he spoke, being a good leader and checking on his team.

"It's attached to my body isn't it?" Chanhee replied back to him, his wit unrivaled by anyone on the boys team.