Confrontation

As Hyewon's Mercedes stopped in the parking lot of the school, she turned to the right and looked at Haknyeon.

"Thanks for coming with me. I know these events aren't your thing but..I didn't want to come alone!" she said, looking at Haknyeon "Besides, you'll get to spend more time with your new teammate, and see him in his own element like he was....forced to see you in your's yesterday!" she spoke as she exited the car and walked towards the admission booth.

Haknyeon smiled and got out of the car, shutting the door behind him, putting his hands in the pockets of his jacket, following Hyewon since she knew how to do this more than he did from experience alone. 

They were at the Jeju High School Soccer Ball team's finals. They had to go against 5 other teams and beat them in a tournament to determine who would get to the finals. Sunwoo was dreading it but also excited about it for weeks.

As Haknyeon followed Hyewon to their seats, they sat down with their popcorn, hot dogs, and drinks, and looked through the sea of players on the benches on the sides of the field, looking for Sunwoo.

Sunwoo sat on the bench beside of Jaemin, and leaned his head back, his heart racing in anticipation. Jaemin looked over at Sunwoo and tilted his head.

"You gotta stop with this nervous business. We can't be having you out there and suddenly you clam up and freeze like a hypothermia victim can we?" Jaemin smiled, nudging Sunwoo's shoulder.

Sunwoo quickly moved Jaemin back the other way and shook his head, coughing a bit, his legs bouncing up and down relentlessly in anticipation, his nerves taking over. He looked up into the stands and looked around, finally spotting Haknyeon and Hyewon waving at him, holding up their food for some odd reason.

He flashed a smile in their direction and waved back before the referee blew his whistle and the teams piled onto the field, getting in formation.

Hyewon smiled and took a sip of her drink.

"He waved at me!" she said, nearly screaming into Haknyeon's ear, causing him to drop some of his food onto the floor.

"Look what you did!" he spoke, sounding argumentative as the two bickered as the game began.

~1 hour later~

The score was tied, and there was only 2 minutes left in the game, and the pressure on everyone on the field was so thick that Sunwoo was sure he could reach out and cut it with a knife. 

He waited for the ball to be kicked to him by Jaemin, and when it was, he rushed down the field with it and found himself nearing the opposite teams goal, with only 10 seconds left on the clock, realizing it was now or never and that he was the deciding factor on if his team lost or won the game.

Haknyeon and Hyewon, as most of the other people in the crowd were on the edge of their seats, Hyewon eating her popcorn by the handfuls at a rapid pace.

Sunwoo found an opening and he took it, he kicked the ball and in the next second found himself on the ground in pain. He had twisted his left ankle from spinning too hard to hit the ball at the right ankle, and he had fell. He looked up to see where the ball had went, and the referee declared the other team the winners. The ball had flew just barely to the right of the goal, and everything he had done up to this point felt like it was in vain. 

As the game came to an end, and the other team was celebrating, a medic was called over to Sunwoo, who pushed everyone away from him.

"I'm fine." he said in a low voice.

"I'M FINE." he yelled once they got near him again, and he retreated to the lockerroom. The coach found it best to leave him alone, so the boys of the soccer team went into the girls' lockerroom after.