Realization

~1 week later~

Haknyeon opened the doors to the convention center and looked around. Countless dance students from all over South Korea rushed around the hallways making sure their outfits were on right, trying to find their groups of friends, and just some were running around for no reason. Haknyeon shook his head and walked down the hallway that lied to his left and continued down it for quite a bit before reaching his school's designated room. He entered and looked around, the entirety of his team already there and getting ready along with Hyewon and the girls, but there was no sign of Sunwoo anywhere. 

Sunwoo had not contacted Haknyeon, spoke to him, or even made  look in his direction since their kiss in the lockerroom. Haknyeon felt like he was being needlessly ignored and he wanted to know why he was being shunned by the younger boy. Haknyeon shook his head and threw his bag down before he ran his hands through his hair and started getting changed, worrying about whether or not Sunwoo would show up tonight or not. And if he decided to be a no show, then the boys could pretty much kiss this competition goodbye. 

As the boys were practicing their dance, and seeing how the outfits they had put on reacted to the movements, making sure everything was fine and nothing would be exposed to the audience watching in front of them, Hyewon walked over and grabbed Haknyeon by his arm and pulled him to the side.

"W-What??" Haknyeon spoke through his harsh breathing due to the dancing, looking at his best friend in confusion, wondering what she wanted. 

Hyewon let go of his arm after realizing she still had ahold of it and wiped her hand on her pants, looking up at him.

"I can tell you're freaking out about Sunwoo not being here, I would be to. I wanted to let you know that I have no idea where he is either. He hasn't texted me for an entire week which is unusual because we usually text each other every minute when we're at home. I just wanted to tell you good luck if he doesn't show up, you've all got this." Hyewon spoke as she patted him on the back harshly.

"But also fuck up a little bit so we can win, thanks." she said as she smiled and tilted her head, flipping her hair in Haknyeon's face and walking back over to her group of girls.

Haknyeon, spit a little bit as her hair touched his lips and he watched her walk away. He didn't want to show that he was nervous as hell about Sunwoo not being there, but he completely was. And apparently other people could see it. He shook his head and sighed, rubbing his arms up and down, rubbing the back of his neck afterwards and walking over to his group of boys and continued practicing for a few minutes.

~40 minutes later~

The time had come, it was time for the boys to go up and perform, and Sunwoo was still nowhere to be seen.

As the beat for IZ*ONE, as Hyewon's group dubbed themselves, cover of "Energetic" by Wanna One came to a conclusion, they came off of the stage and into the gorilla area where Haknyeon's team had been standing, preparing and waiting anxiously both for Sunwoo and their performance time to come. 

As they all filed down the stairs that led from the stage to the gorilla area and vice versa, Haknyeon looked at Hyewon and clapped for her and her team.

Hyewon walked over to him and pulled him into a hug.

"Now you go out there and do what you have to do, even if you're down one person." she said, smiling.

"Thanks, but don't touch me you're sweaty and gross." Haknyeon joked back towards her, chuckling as she hit him in the upper arm and shook her head. 

Haknyeon looked at his team and was met with a unanimous sea of smiles and nods as they all prepared to walk up onto the stage, Haknyeon in front of them as the announcer announced them.