Mission 3: The Nest & Upgrades

Doom Slayer's POV

I quickly made my way to where that Lionheart fellow told me where to go. It took me a while to find it, seeing how I didn't exactly know where it was. But I eventually found something that could be what I was looking for.

I'm currently standing outside of a cave entrance. From where I was standing I could see that the entrance was like a downwards hill, so I might need to climb my way back up.

'Hope this is it.' I thought as I was debating whether or not I should go in. I look up behind me and stared at the sun, which was staring to set. I probably have a few hours before it becomes nighttime. I couldn't help but sigh. 'Alright...lets do this then.' Deciding it was better to investigate than wasting time, I step into the cave. Almost immediately I began sliding down the downwards entrance. I dug my right arm into the ground behind me, slowing my decent. Once I was close enough towards the ground, I jump off the mini hill and land on the flat ground. Thanks to my suit, it compressed the damage my legs would've taken. When I stood up, I noticed that the floor beneath me all wet and muddy. I look down and saw my boots already covered in mud.

'Seriously?' Looks like when I'm done, I'll also be needing to clean my armor. 'Great...'

Anyways, I look up and studied the cave I was in. The cave was pretty small, probably could be used as a small home or something if someone wanted to. I saw a white metal trailer on the other side of the cave. 'That must be it.' I made my way over there as I heard the ground beneath me squish as my feet became slightly heavier with each step I took.

Once I made it to the trailer I began to circle it, checking for any signs of damage. The wheels look fine. I only saw a few dents on the trailer that aren't exactly noticeable from a few feet away. Other than that, nothing looked too damaged. After checking the trailer, I made my way to the back. I saw the metal door and saw a lock on it. Deciding it wouldn't hurt to check, I rip off the lock and raised the door up. Inside the trailer I saw a bunch of creates, metals, and a few large weapon parts.

'This definitely is the blacksmith's stuff. I don't think anyone else would need these.'

After inspecting the inside, I closed the trailer and began to wonder how I was going to get this outside. I look back to the way I came from and noticed how steep the hill was. I can only imagine how irritating this'll become. I hope there's something I can use in this cave.

I turn around and look around to see if there was some chains or something I can use. And to my surprise, there was. On the other side of the cave, there was a pile of chains leading somewhere on the floor. I walk over to it and picked it up. I noticed it was pretty long and rusty, so maybe I could still use this. I also noticed the chains were leading somewhere. One end of the chains lead towards the darker side of the cave. My eyes followed the chains, and what I saw made my eyes widen.

 My eyes followed the chains, and what I saw made my eyes widen