Mission 7: Welcome to Vale

Doom Slayer's POV

It's been several hours since the group and I have gotten into a vehicle known as a 'bulkhead'. Before we got on it we walked a bit further in the forest before Pyrrha told someone on a device to pick us up at the spot we were at. We waited a few minutes before a bulkhead came by.

We got in and ever since then, I've been sitting by myself in the back of the vehicle, thinking, as the others were chatting in the front

"Are you still worried about earlier?" I heard Vega ask.

'...Yeah...' Was I all could say as I think of what I saw when 'he' told me everything while I stare at my arm, remembering how it was engulfed in flames during the fight.

"Can you inform me of what happened?"

'...' I hesitate on answering. There's so much I've learned- some of Remnant and some of...myself. I don't think I can tell Vega considering I don't even understand anything anymore. I sigh as I stare at the floor. '...Sure... But first, I need you to understand that-.'

I suddenly stop. I heard Vega say my name a few times, trying to ask what's wrong with me. I tried to think of something to say, but it's like my mind has stopped working. Like something is trying to hold me back, trying not to tell Vega the dream I had. An image of that hooded person flashes in my mind.

"Don't tell anyone." The person threatens. "Otherwise...."

There was a faint echo of a horrific scream as the image fades. My vision weakens, my mind spins, and my ears ring as I feel like fainting, causing me to hold my head in my hands. But the pain dissipates in a matter of seconds. I drop my arms onto my lap. I'm sure the image will burn deep into my memories for a long while as long as I remember the warning he told me: What has and will happen to me in the future. Why I'm here and why I'm so weak compared to being on Mars and in Hell. It's just so surprising that-

"Y/n." Vega interrupts me, again. But this time he spoke softly- well, as much as he could for an A.I. "Ruby is speaking to you." I felt a small hand on my shoulder. I curiously look up and saw the girl in red, Ruby I'm pretty sure, looking down at me.

"Hey," She lets go and gave me a half smile. "Just wanted to let you know we're a few miles away from Vale."

I nod in understanding. I was hoping that she would head back to the front to leave me alone for a little longer, but instead she sat next to me on my right. Her smile grows slightly as she looks at me.

"Soooo...have you ever been to Vale before?" She asks curiously.

I'm pretty sure she's trying to start a conversation with me. I seriously don't need this right now... I shake my head no.