Mission 11: Mission Briefing

No one's POV

"What do you want to do, y/n?" Vega asks.

"......" The Slayer doesn't say anything as he thinks.

"I promise to reward you in any way to see fit." The Slayer heard Ozcar say after some time.

After a bit of thinking, the Slayer nods to himself. 'Fine...I'll take it.' He thought.

"Very well." Vega responds before speaking out loud. "The Doom Slayer accepts."

Ozcar nods with a smile on his lips. "Very well. Thank you."

The Slayer simply nods. 'Where is it and what do I have to do?'

"The Slayer wants to know where the location of the Grimm are and the objective of the mission."

Ozcar's smile fades. He didn't expect the Slayer to be so eager to get the mission done. Normally most would be reluctant to go, so hearing someone's willing to go was a little strange.

"Oh? You want to take care of it right now?"

The Slayer nods. "Correct."

"..." Ozcar was hesitant. A nervous sweat drops down his face. "I'm afraid you can't go just yet." He saw the Slayer step forward, but ignores it as he continues. "It can't be reached at the moment. Due to the lock down in Vale, no airships are allowed to leave unless it's for official business. You don't have a huntsman license yet, so no one will take you until tomorrow morning when the lock down is over."

The Slayer grips his hands. He was about to take another step forward but Bailey steps in front of him. "Don't." Bailey demands coldly. The two glare at each other from under their helmets.

"That's enough, Mr. Belladonna." Ozcar says from his seat. The two turn to him for a moment before back to each other. Bailey scoffs as they turn away from the other. "Thank you."

Ozcar pulls something out from his desk. He got up from his seat and walks to the Slayer. When he was in front of him he pulls his hand out, holding a pair of keys and a small device.

"I'm sure you don't have enough money to rent your own room in Vale. For right now I can let you borrow one of the school's dorms that are not being used at the moment. You can rest up for tomorrow or explore around the school campus. But I'm warning you if you do something the military at this school don't like, you might be put into a cell for a while. Just be careful."

The Slayer takes the keys and the device. He studies it a bit as he doesn't recognize what it is.

"That's a scroll. It can help you communicate with me or anyone you add on the contact list. And you can browse the internet as well. I'm sure your..." Ozcar trails off, unsure about Vega.

"I am Vega. The Slayer's personal A.I."

"Right. I'm sure Vega can find some use with that." The Slayer doesn't respond. "I'll send more information about the mission tomorrow morning when you leave, but for right now I'll tell you the main parts; You will be going into an abandoned city a couple of miles behind us. There were reports of strange activities going on involving the Grimm. There were rumors involving the Grimm gathering in one place at a very large amount. That's not how they act. Many scouts tried to follow, but they were either killed or neither heard from again. You are to find out exactly where the Grimm are going and why. If there's a large number of them, take them out. And try finding any human or Faunus bodies and report back on them. The school and the city has already been attacked by the Grimm in the past and we've nearly lost every time. Don't let history repeat itself."