fin.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*  chapter eight  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"grow up"

»»-———— ♡ ————-««

S E U N G M I N ♡  

Stampedes of footsteps and sirens were all I heard before the silence overtook me. In those moments, I had flashbacks of all my encounters with Woojin. The cafe back in high school.. the convenience store before university... around the campus... at the university cafe. He's always been there, even when I needed him the most... he never left.

He was the one who witnessed my relationship with Hyunjin during the courting stages, even during our painful breakup... he was there to comfort me. He held me in the rain when I was vulnerable, consoled with me during the darkest times in my life. He even risked his own life to keep me from the dangers of the hitmen so I could continue living my life obliviously.

Now there I lay against the concrete floor, meters away from the almost lifeless Woojin who lay fallen on the ground, two bullets lodged into his body. I was helpless. I wanted to go to him, ask him if he was okay but my body thought otherwise.

I watched as he was brought into an ambulance and taken to the hospital, I was taken there moments later.

My eyes slowly flickered open as the early morning sun shone through the window and lit up the room. The silence from my slumber was then filled with rhythmic beeping of machines around me.

I went to sit up but felt a heavyweight against my left thigh. I looked down to see a sleeping Hyunjin, his head resting against me while his body sat on a metal chair. I tried to get comfortable but only woke him up in a panic.

"S-Seungmin... you're awake," He said startled.

Tears flooded out of his eyes as he wrapped me in a warm embrace.

"I-I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you needed me. I'm such a bad boyfriend, I said I would always protect but-" He blurted out.

"Jinnie... it's alright. I made the decision not to tell you. Don't blame yourself," I smiled at him as I wipe his tears away.

"And stop crying, I don't want my boyfriend to be ugly," I pouted causing to giggle.

"Jeongin said everyone was on their way here, they should be arriving soon." He told me.

I nodded and turned to face the window.

"Do you know what happened to Woojin hyung?" I asked him.

"No... I was too worried about you I didn't get to ask. I can go ask now-" He spoke, getting ready to stand up.

"No, it's alright. Please just stay here with me... I think it's best if I don't know right now." I smiled, tears slowly flowing from my eyes.

"I'm so relieved you weren't injured too badly, otherwise I would have never forgiven myself-" He began but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

He stood up and opened it. Small whispers filled the room and I heard the bickering of Jeongin and Jisung as my six friends walked into the room.

"Hyung-" Jeongin began but was silenced by a nudge on the arm by Felix.

Tears flowed out of my eyes harder as I opened my arms and they ran into my embrace.

"Tha-thank you..." I sobbed as I hugged them.

Despite the great pain surging through my body as the weight of the seven boys strained my body, I forced myself to numb the feeling because I was truly thankful for each and every single of them.

Hyunjin.

Jeongin.

Jisung.

Minho.

Felix.

Chan.

Changbin.

... and Woojin.

They were my family and I was happy to be experiencing life with them. Through high school and through university until we're old and grey... we'll be together, forever and always.

We'll always be there for each other because...

we've still got lots of things ahead of us.

  »»-———— END ————-««  

That's the end... trashy? You decide.

I don't think I'll be writing anymore installments to this series anymore  ahahaha. It's been a fun ride so I hope you consider staying and read my future stories.

Thank you <3

"...we've still got lots of things ahead of us."  - grow up, straykids.