1. Organization

When studying, it is important to keep organized. It will make everything easier in the long run. Here are the basic tips.

1. Remember to prepare for C.L.A.S.S. Consistency, Lighting, Armed, Space, Seating.

2. File your folders by DATE.

3. Keep up with due dates so you don't forget when things are due.

4. When recording due dates, add the assignment name, when it is due (day and time), and what class it is for.

5. File class papers in notebooks or binders. Pick one and STICK TO IT.

6. On the computer, organize files in folders within folders. Class- Subject- Assignment Type. The Key- CREATE SYSTEMATIC FILE NAMES AND SAVE IN A LOGICAL PLACE.

So there it is, down in straight facts. Here is a more information on each point-

(Please read the first one all the way though. It is important. I know it's long, I'm sorry)

1. Consistency, remember to study in a consistent place. If you have a desk, use it! No desk? Use a table- maybe the dinning room table or the coffee table. Try to find somewhere you won't be bothered, also, somewhere that is big enough to spread out your papers/books/computer. NEVER study in bed. It will mess up your sleep and confuse you brain into thinking the bed it a place to think. Lighting, make sure you have good lighting so you don't strain your eyes. Armed, have everything you need! Pens, pencils, paper, highlighters, textbooks! Gather everything together before you start. Space, make sure to have space so you aren't squished and cramped and enough to spread you materials out. Seating, try to grab a comfy office chair with armrests. It gives more then enough room to stretch your legs and arms.

2. Organize your folders by date. You don't need the ones from last year. Keep the most recent things where you can access them the fastest.

3. Keep up with due dates. If you write it down, write it down somewhere you will see it often. If you don't forget your due dates, you are less likely to miss them or need to scramble to complete a assignment at the last minute. Try to post a calendar where you see it often with your due dates on it. Otherwise, pick up a yearly planner at your office supply store and keep it in your backpack. Whenever you get a new due date, write it down!

4. When recording your due dates, try writing it like this- Diorama, 14-10-19, 10:30, Science Class. Or mark it on the box in your planner or calendar.

5. File in notebooks or binders.                                                                                                                                 The Notebook System- Choose different colored notebooks for each class. Keep a folder for papers you need to turn in. This method is good for people who take lots of notes. Write them in the notebook instead of on random sheets of paper.                                                                                     The Binder System- Choose dividers with pockets for things to be turned in. Separate class papers with tabs or dividers. The Binder System is good for people who get lots of paper handouts. Separate your handouts from things you need to turn in and from projects you are working on.

6. When filing things on your computer, such as important assignments, use folders within folders. Try making the biggest folder your class, then the subject, then your assignment type. For example- Amazing Life Science- Science- Diorama. It helps keep your computer or tablet clean and organized.

That's a lot of thick paragraphs, but I ask you read them all. It will help A LOT.

Keeping organized isn't hard, just tedious, especially the first time. But once you do one big organizing spee, afterwards, it will be much easier to keep tidy.