15. Specific Subject Skills

Here are some skills for each subject-

1. History- Read and take notes before class (SQR3, Cornell, Charting, Mapping, Outlining), Make cause and effect diagrams, flow charts and timelines. Make use of memory techniques that help for memorization of people, places, and events. Develop abbreviations to take faster notes, but make sure the abbreviations are consistent.

2. History Abbreviations- b/c = because, b/f = before, b/t = between, w/o = without, incr. = increase, decr. = decrease.

3. Writing- SQR3, study the teacher's heading on the document before planning your essay. Read your writing outloud before submitting. Find trustworthy websites or books with writing tips.*

4. Math- Practice! Use ILSCR, work on all of the practice problems.

5. Science- Use minute sketches and cause and effect charts.

*Here are some of my favorite writing resources-

The Emotion Thesaurus, by Angela Ackerman and Becca Puglisi.

Emotion Amplifiers, the companion to the book listed above. By the same authors

The Emotional Wound Thesaurus, by the same authors

The Positive Trait Thesaurus, by the same authors

The Negative Trait Thesaurus, by the same authors

The Urban Setting Thesaurus, by the same authors

The Rural Setting Thesaurus, by the same authors

Guides for Writers, by howtousewattpad. A Wattpad book.

Edit Like an Editor, by jgfairytales. A Wattpad Book.

When Creativity is Blocked, by joecool123. A Wattpad book with good tips on how to overcome writers block.

Writers Helping Writers, a website- https://writershelpingwriters.net. I especially love the Writing Tools- https://writershelpingwriters.net/writing-tools/.

The Write Practice, a website- https://thewritepractice.com

If you are stuck, or have writers block, check out one of the many Writing Prompts books on Wattpad. They can be a big help.