twelve

10:45 pm

as jungkook stepped up to taehyung's apartment door he wiped his sweaty palms on his black skinny jeans, lip swollen from biting it out of nerves and anticipation.

whatever was about to happen, would surely determine jungkook's fate.

of course he hadn't intended on becoming this dependent on taehyung, his feelings for taehyung, but love really does make you crazy,

and taehyung was the one who brought light to jungkook's life.

after a few minutes of simply staring at the door with balled fists and the churning in jungkook's tummy increasing he finally brought himself to knock.

thirty seconds had passed, jungkook was counting. after forty five seconds he heard shuffling to the door before it swung open to reveal a messy haired, shirtless taehyung, eyebrows furrowed before realizing it was just jungkook.

"oh hey bun.. what do you need so late?"

jungkook stood frozen, swooning over the taehyung's deep voice and the sweet nickname that slipped from his tongue that'd always make jungkook's heart flutter.

"bunny?" taehyung pulled jungkook out of his daze by poking his nose, making him look up at the older.

jungkook got a sudden adrenaline rush, if he was acting on his instincts might as well go all in.

the younger stood taller so his face was aligned with the elders, before pressing a sweet kiss to his lips that at first taehyung wasn't opposed to until he realized what was really going on, causing him to push jungkook away rather harshly.

"jungkook i-"

"taehyung i love you- i am head over heels in love with you! i-i've loved you for so long and i haven't been able to confess because i was scared- but i love you so much and i can't keep it a secret anymore, tae.." jungkook blurted making taehyung press his lips into a firm line, furrowing his eyebrows.

"j-jungkook i'm- i'm not-" taehyung sighed in frustration, "i'm not a faggot."

the younger weakly inhaled before biting his lip to stop tears from falling, he was ready to continue before being cut off by footsteps approaching the door from behind taehyung.

"taehyung-ah! who's at the door-" eun came into sight with jungkook, "oh~ jungkook! how are you?"

jungkook only glanced at taehyung then made eye contact with her.

"jungkook, tae and i have news!" eun smiled before holding her hand up, revealing a pretty ring, "we're getting married!"

jungkook only gave a weak smile, nodding before walking away, hearing eun question taehyung as to why jungkook was there, unable to hear the rest of their conversation as he'd exited the apartment complex making his way back home.

tears escaping, and lip bleeding, jungkook clutched his stomach as he'd felt like he was going to be sick.

jungkook was grateful for the rain as it covered the warm tears escaping his eyes and washing away the bloody lip, but not as grateful for it setting his mood even more.

he'd entered his cold apartment, not bothering to change out of his wet clothing as he'd made his way to his desk,

to write his final letter.

———

i feel like this was very poorly written

apologies (: