fourteen

11:23 am

it had been two days since taehyung rejected jungkook and he could help but hate himself for it. why? well, taehyung hadn't rejected jungkook for not having the same feelings, in reality, he was scared.

he knew the way he felt about jungkook wasn't a friend to friend emotion. it was something stronger, but taehyung was stuck.

he didn't want to feel that way about another boy, he wanted to love eun with all of his heart.

but each time he said those three little words to eun he felt the guilt piling on top of him, the weight was becoming heavier and heavier by the day.

he didn't understand why he pushed jungkook so hard, or why he didn't confess back.

he had no excuses and he was willing to admit that to the younger, he was willing to admit to eun as well, but he knew jungkook was his number one priority.

jungkook, was number one, always. not eun, not the texts and calls he was receiving. jungkook.

taehyung made his way into his car, turning up his radio in hopes of calming the nerves only to hear a horrifying story being told.

"jeon jungkook, eighteen, found dead, july twenty second, around nine thirty this morning, due to what the doctors are calling a suicide,"

taehyung was at a loss for words, shocked, unable to focus on the road but hearing those words he'd only sped up,

it couldn't have been real.

taehyung pulled up to his bunny's apartment complex only to see the rest of his friends, with backs turned to him.

he'd exited his car running to get a closer look at his friends who looked completely shattered.

jimin was stood, crying, arms around both yoongi and hoseok whom looked absolutely distraught as well.

it couldn't have been real.

taehyung looked to his right to find seokjin crying as well, namjoon doing his best to comfort the older though he was on the verge of tears. he'd completely let go when the older turned to him and whispered shakily,

"it's okay to cry."

after seokjin noticed taehyung he wiped his tears and stood, walking over to him with what looked like an envelope, fancy writing upon it.

seokjin handed the envelope to taehyung with a sad expression before whispering, "he loved you dearly, taehyung, i'm so happy he died in love rather than despair,"

taehyung looked down at the pretty envelope reading the neat words, 'letters to my
love'

it couldn't have been real.