nineteen

7/19/3012

the rain pouring from the gray cloudy sky clashed with young boys tears perfectly, as he ran to the not so busy side of the city.

his whole life he felt he was missing something, someone. he never felt whole and this day specifically hurt the most, he just wished he knew why.

the pain in his chest had only been increasing until this day, where it felt one hundred times worse.

he couldn't take the pain anymore, his medication had stopped working he couldn't take it anymore.

he entered the tall apartment complex only to take the elevator to the roof, the rain becoming heavier.

the sight in front of him was beautiful, behind the apartment complex was a forest, radiating with happy colors. it didn't belong in such a dark and cruel world.

he stepped to the edge, arms outstretched but he couldn't bring himself to jump. he wasn't scared, just nervous about what would happen.

he brought himself to sit, legs dangling off the edge as he looked down at the moving cars and happy people beneath him.

the thought only made his tears increase.

his mom tried so hard to help him, she would always stay positive and try to make her youngest son happy. he always felt guilty when it hadn't worked.

he'd only ever wished to be happy, to see a genuine smile from his mom.

he bit his lip, shuffling further toward the edge.

his negative thoughts were cut off by the door to entering the roof swung open and closed shut, he briefly turned to be met with a tall, handsome boy holding an umbrella.

"ah.. sorry i didn't think anybody else would be up here." his voice was deep and smooth, the shorters heart fluttering as the taller sat beside him, legs dangling off the edge as well.

"what are you doing up here?" the taller asked, eyes focused on the sky as the rain slowly died down.

no response.

"were..." the taller paused as he turned to look at the shorter, "were you thinking of jumping?"

there was no response at first until the taller gently nudged the shorter.

the shorter nodded, eyes still fixed on the ground, "me too.."

the shorter finally looked over at the taller, to be met with pretty deep brown eyes, the boys lips curving into a sympathetic boxy smile.

"what's your name?"

the shorter bit his lip, a weight lifting from his chest as they made eye contact for the first time.

"i-i'm- my n-name's jungkook."

"i'm taehyung."

the rain had stopped, the sun shining and taehyung's smile making it brighter.

"it's nice to meet you, jungkook." the tallers words made jungkook smile, something he hadn't done since he was young.

"that smile- you look like a little bunny!" the comment only made jungkook smile more. he was feeling things he didn't think he'd feel ever again.

"still thinking about jumping, jungkook?"

there was no response at first, just the sound of car horns and birds chirping.

"n-no i don't think so, taehyung."

"me either.. would you care to grab a cup of coffee with me, jungkook?"

"i-i'd love to."

love.

—————
end
—————