10

I walked down the street to the trail in the woods, leading to my brother's gang house. I walked across the wooden log bridge, and the next five minutes was pretty relaxed. I didn't have to worry about anyone seeing a 19 year old girl going out into the woods alone. I knocked on the door of the warehouse, looking down at my phone as I did so. My brother opened the door, saw me on my phone, took it from me, slammed it on the concrete floor, and smashed it with his foot. "HEY!!" "Shut up I'll get you a new one. We have to relocate, fast. Someone followed us here." "And why did you have to smash my phone?" "Because literally anyone could track your phone to this location." "Yeah well now they're going to track it to the last location it was at, meaning it would lead here, meaning my friends would think some creep led me out into the woods, raped me, and then killed me and hid my body, leading them to search for dead Cha (Y/N), when she's not really dead!" "Good point. Sorry." "Yeah, so that means I have to go now." "I can't let you do that." "And why not?" "Because we got followed, (Y/N)!!" I looked into Junfei's eyes. He was worried about me, I could tell. "You don't know that! You can't just assume that you got followed and hold me hostage!" "No, we can't hold you hostage. But we can keep you safe until we know for sure we didn't get followed. Please cooperate with me (Y/N)." "I need to tell my bandmates where I am. They're going to be worried about me." "Fine, go." He turned his head away from me and crossed his arms. "Hey! Look at me! I am not part of your petty little gang. I don't want to be part of your petty little gang. So sue me, and leave." With that, I turned and left, going back down the trail in the woods. I heard a branch break off in the woods when I was almost to the log bridge. I stopped in my tracks. I didn't want to speak to whatever--or whoever--it was. My heart was beating so fast and so hard I could feel it in my ears. Soon enough I figured if someone was there to hurt me, I wouldn't have time to scream before they got to me. I screamed. I screamed loud enough for quite possibly all of Seoul to hear. I ran back to the warehouse that my brother lived in and pounded on the metal door crying. "JUNFEI OPEN UP!!!" In almost no time at all, Gyensae opened the door. "(Y/N) are you alright?" "Where's my brother?" "He went out into the woods to find you." "There's someone out there!!" "What?" "I don't know but when I was crossing the log bridge I heard a branch break and I need my brother!!!" Gyensae pulled me inside and hugged me. "Don't worry. If anyone can fight out there it's him. Good thing it's not Chen out there. But in all seriousness, please don't have a panic attack. I already called your bandmates and they said it's fine if you stay here, as long as you make it to training tomorrow." I was still in Gyensae's arms, he was rubbing my back gently. I felt loved for the first time in a long time. I don't know when, but I had stopped crying. He pulled me onto the couch and sat me next to him. Instinctively, I put my head on his shoulder. Then the phone rang. Daehyun walked over and answered it, his face went pale when the voice started talking. The phone call ended, and Daehyun looked at Gyensae. 

"They've got Junfei."

I felt my eyes practically bulge out of my head. They've got my brother. My only family member. If they kill him it's up to me not to get killed. Gyensae looked at me. I must've looked pretty traumatized because he hugged me it the way that my face would be buried in his chest. "J..Junfei.." "We'll get him back, (Y/N). Don't worry. Daehyun, call SM and tell them that she won't be going to training for a few days." "And if they ask why?" "Tell them the truth. Her brother's gone missing and her mother's been killed." How did they know about that? How did they know about my mom getting killed? I for sure didn't tell them. Maybe Junfei did. After all, he is their leader and he trusts them probably more than he trusts me. looked up at Gyensae. "Who has Junfei?" "Another gang. You're lucky you came back when you did, otherwise it might've been you who got caught." "It's my fault. If I hadn't have left, he wouldn't have come to find me, meaning he wouldn't have been out in the woods able to be kidnapped." "It's not your fault. If it's anyone's fault, it's your brother's. He shouldn't have gone out there and he knows it. He loves you a little too much." "It's my fault. And you know it's my fault."

I walked back to SM with Gyensae. "Don't worry about your  brother, we'll find him, I promise." "It's not as easy as that. You can't just say that and not find him. He could be anywhere." "I know and understand that, (Y/N). But we will find him, I promise you. Whether it be in two days or two years, we'll find him." We walked in the doors to SM, and the two guards blocked him off. "He's with me, it's fine." They eyed him for a second before letting him in. We took the elevator to SHINee's floor, and I led him to the dorm. "Nice place." "It's the door, Gyensae." He chuckled as I put my key in the door. I opened it, and led him up the stairs, despite Taemin and Onew looking at us from the couch. "Who was that?" I heard Taemin say. I can only imagine that Onew shrugged in response to him. I led Gyensae up to my room, and just as I opened my door, Minho came out of his room across the hall. "Who is that?" "A friend." "His name?" "Gyensae." "Uh-huh. Don't get cute with me, (Y/N). Who is he?" "He's a friend! Now leave me alone!!" I pushed Gyensae in my room and glared at Minho as I went in. "What was that about?" "Nothing." "Didn't seem like nothing, what was it?" "I don't know. He's never been like that before." Gyensae's phone rang. "Hello?" Silence. "Mom?" I guess it was his mom calling. "Mom? You there?" He hung up. "Butt dial?" "I guess." He sat down on my bed. "Please don't worry about your brother. I promise you we'll find him. Don't worry, (Y/N)." I sat down next to him. "I know, it's just... He's my brother, y'know? Both of my parents are dead, and now my brother's gone missing. If he dies... I don't think I'd know what to do." Gyensae nodded. "I understand. Speaking of your parents..."