12

Gyensae and I walked down the street towards the warehouse. "Is he really alright?" "I don't know, I haven't seen him yet." I sighed. "Does he still have his memory?" "Obviously, he found his way back to the warehouse." "Yeah but he's lived there for ten years. He might not remember me." Gyensae sighed. "You could be right, but you could also be wrong. I doubt he forgot you. After all, he got kidnapped trying to rescue you." "He did. You said it yourself, it's my fault he got kidnapped." "It's not your fault! I wish you would just take our word for it and believe us! It is not your fault that he got kidnapped. He went out there at his own will and got himself kidnapped. The only thing we need to care about is that he's back now and in critical condition. We can't have any thoughts flooding our head as we take care of him. We all care about him as much as you (Y/N)." I looked at my feet. The rest of the walk was silent.

We got to the warehouse and immediately I ran inside. "Where is he?" Daehyun looked at me for a second before telling me where he was. "He's in there." Daehyun pointed to a room with a partially opened door. I ran inside the room and saw Sen sitting next to him. "Oh, hey, (Y/N)." "Hey, Sen." I took the seat on the other side of the bed, across from Sen. "He hasn't been awake since last night when he came home." "Understandable, he must be really tired and he had to have lost a lot of blood." "He did lose a lot of blood. It's lucky he ran as fast as he did, otherwise he might be dead right now. We were able to hook him up to an IV and we stitched his shoulder up." "Is he gonna be okay?" "I have no idea. He took a pretty hard beating, from what we could tell. His stomach is bruised today, so I wouldn't be surprised if he took punches there as well." "He shouldn't have gone out there to save me." "He shouldn't have. He could've saved himself, but instead, he chose you over him, surprisingly. One of our biggest rules is 'save yourself,' meaning put your own life before others." "He broke his own rule for me?" Sen nodded. We both sat in silence as we looked at Junfei. He shifted, and I held my breath without realizing it.  He slowly opened his eyes. "Oh thank god." I let out the breath I was holding. "Sen, can you leave for a sec so I can talk to my brother?" "Of course." I watched Sen leave the room. After he closed the door, I turned my attention back to my brother. "I'm sorry, it's my fault." "No, it's not. I shouldn't have gone out there. You and I both know it. Kyung wouldn't have taken you. I let my heart think faster than my head. If anything, I should be sorry." "Please don't apologize for trying to help someone." "If there's anything I've learned while being in this gang, it's that you have to take care of yourself. If you interfere, most of the time you get killed. I'm lucky I got away when I did, they only left because they were going to get a FunToy." "What's a FunToy?" "It's what the gangs call a torture device. It's a spinning wheel that they strap you to and throw knives at you until you're dead. Sometimes even a shock collar is used." I put my hand to my mouth. "That's awful..." "It is, that's why we don't have one. I can't wait until we relocate." "But how can you be sure that you can get away from the trouble?" "We can't. All we can do is hope that nobody has told Northern gangs about us. If they have... we might have to move out of the country." My eyes widened. "The country? But to where?" "America, most likely. Sen is fluent in English and Gyensae knows basic." He thought for a second. "Maybe Japan. I could still see you on a regular basis and Daehyun is fluent in Japanese." He looked at me. "No input?" "Oh, well, I say you should go where you feel the safest, and please get away from this life. I don't like you this way." "Neither do I..." There was a knock on the door, and Gyensae opened it. "(Y/N), we gotta go. Taemin is on the phone saying you have training. I'm gonna go with you just to make sure you stay safe." "No. Get Daehyun to take her." "EH??? NANI??" Junfei chuckled while Gyensae just fell on the floor laughing. "But in all seriousness, why can't I go with her?" "Because the rule, no one 3 years older than her can be around her without my supervision, and obviously I can't go. Ge--" "Junfei. He spent the night with me last night..." "WHAT!?!?" "NOT LIKE THAT!!! He just spent the night at the dorm with me. We kinda bonded..." "You trust him?" I nodded. Junfei looked at me for a few seconds before making his decision. "Fine. Gyensae, stay with her at training and walk her back to the dorm. I guess you could hang out there, just make sure you come back." Junfei chuckled at that.  "Okay, shoo. You have somewhere to be!"

Gyensae walked me back to the dorm around 6:00 in the evening. We walked in the door, and immediately four sets of eyes were on me, Minho was blocking the stairs. "What?" "Who is he?" "He's a friend. Now let me go up to my room." "No. Not until you tell me who he is." "Tell you??? Why would I tell you?? Get out of my way." I pushed past him and led Gyensae up the stairs. "What was that about?" "I don't like being interrogated." "Okay...? How does that give you the right to talk to him like that?" "I'm quitting." "What? Quitting what?" "Quitting SHINee." "WHAT?? Why?" "For starters, Key hates me, I can't get a break from being questioned by them, and I'd rather hang out with you. You're nicer than them, and that's saying something." "Don't quit. You'll never accomplish anything in life if you just give up at everything you do. Don't quit. I know being a Trainee might be hard, but give it a shot until your debut." "You mean it?" "Of course I do." I looked Gyensae in the eyes and then hugged him. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." "Okay." I walked out of the bedroom, and immediately got kidnapped my Onew and got taken to the kitchen, where everyone was waiting for me. I got down there, and Minho closed the door to the stairs, and I was put in a chair. "What do you guys want??" "Who is he??" "I told you he's just a friend." Taemin got a chair and sat down in front of me. "Be specific, guys. What's his name, how do you know him, and where does he live?" "Well, his name is Lee Gyensae, and I know him because he's in my brother's gang. He lives with my brother." "He's in the gang?" I turned my attention to Key. "Yeah, what about it?" "Um, only the fact that I almost got killed by them? Don't play that game, (Y/N). You know we don't like them." "Well, I do. You can't stop me from hanging out with them." I got up from the chair and pushed past Minho, opening the door leading upstairs.